Cj 11mm 290 duration cams

turd burglar

Established Member
I've searched and searched and found very little info on these cams, part number M-6550-M50GTE. They're on clearance for a great price right now, car currently makes 417/397 with headers, offroad h, cai and aed tune. I've seen a few threads showing people getting 15-30whp gains but info is scarce. Not looking for a crazy high hp na build so $1500 for comp stage 3's is a no go, but if I can squeeze out another 15 or so hp for less than $200 plus however long install takes me, it doesn't seem like a terrible deal. Thanks for your time fellas.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
These cams aren't worth the install effort. If you're going to hassle with cams, get ones that will preform. I would also recommend doing Billet Oil Pump gears while you're that far in as well.

redline5.0

Established Member
Word the money and time wasted is not worth it, the only reason I even bothered tossing in the boss exhaust cams was because of the engine build and upgrading springs anyways. Only way I would even think about it again is with some custom ground cams.

ebrow21

Established Member
Same tuner, same fuel, same dyno, LESS timing, same compression. 20-50hp anywhere in the pull, very noticeable midrange. At peak power (7300rpm), +21hp/15ft.lb.

However, I did change more than one thing power wise (11:1 built shortblock, +1lb boost and went to a magnaflow cat-back). So take it for what it is. I'm sure I have an even larger gain with equal timing, which I have not dyno'd yet.

Went faster at the track on a garbage pass, worse weather, with the reduced timing tune.

Cliffs: Worth my $100.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I was between these cams and the boss exhaust cams with the 13mm lift and stock duration. I ended up getting the boss exhaust cams and boss valve springs for $160shipped from tasca so went with them. To me if It gains 10-15rwhp/tq in the midrange the price will be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread