Class Act

MD03SVT

Established Member
Well it was worth the trip to SEMA cuz there was lots to see & vegas is always a blast but today was the highlite of it all.I stood in line at the goodyear booth to get an autograph from Mr Shelby himself & I had brought along a picture of my car & the drivers side sunvisor,well I put the visor in front of him & he said that anyone that pays that much for a car should get 2 autographs so I pulled out the pic which he gladly signed for me What a Class Act.Thank-you Mr Shelby.;-)

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
That is awesome! I just watched the American Chopper episode today when they were building the Shelby bike and he seems like such a nice guy, and very enthused for being 80 something.:-D

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
Well it was worth the trip to SEMA cuz there was lots to see & vegas is always a blast but today was the highlite of it all.I stood in line at the goodyear booth to get an autograph from Mr Shelby himself & I had brought along a picture of my car & the drivers side sunvisor,well I put the visor in front of him & he said that anyone that pays that much for a car should get 2 autographs so I pulled out the pic which he gladly signed for me What a Class Act.Thank-you Mr Shelby.;-)

Wow that really is admireable especially since he is always bombarded with folks asking for his autograph (and some of them are doing it for financial gain).

Thumbs up for Mr. Shelby himself!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

briman75

Established Member
I have met mr. shelby several times at various shelby american meets and he is pretty hit or miss. At times he can be sweet as pie and wanna give you the shirt off his back, and other times he yells at eveyone. Either way its pretty entertaining. If possible its best to get him when there is a camera around. Then he is usually nice.

03SBSVT

Banned
I don't like shelby, his gimics and behind the scenes acting pisses me off, I thought he was god until I did some research on him...kind of like John Hennessey..just not so much a crook as a greedy bastard.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Whether you like him or not I would not even put his name in the same breath as John Hennessey. worlds apart. I would certainly love to have about 10 AC Cobras or Shelby GT500's from the 60's in my garage. Oh, I guess that makes me a greedy bastard too........LOL.

04MysticCobra.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That just brought back a few points toward my opinion of him. Lately I was starting to doubt his integrity, but that makes me rethink that. Great post, and you can send the extra autograph to me :)

MD03SVT

Established Member
Well this was the second time I have meet him in 2 years & to me he is a Stand-up guy.I know what you mean by people trying to take advantage of his name as there were 2 guys in line waiting for an autograph with diecast's and I later found out that they had put them on ebay only hours later it is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread