Cleaned out Cobra Trunk-Found Piece of Ford History

MikesCobra

Established Member
:banana:

Ok so i decieded to clean out my trunk today, Dont ask me why, yes I know I am a detail freak, Jeff knows:beer:

I pull out the spare tire and to my disbelief I find this, the original assembly line paper, looks to have all the cars info on it, trim, vin, time stamp and date of completion, and what I am hoping is my build number... Can anyone tell me which number on here is my build number for the car?

Im floored right now!:dancenana:
UPDATE: build #2751 confirmed via SVT.
BuildCertificate_zps1dc7110f.jpg

Last edited:

MikesCobra

Established Member
Do you have your SVT Build #?? ... that "2151" stands out to me / could be something!

No I do not have my build number, I was hoping that number you pointed out was it as well that way I can order the terminator build plaque for the car.. Ill research some more....:shrug::??:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No I do not have my build number, I was hoping that number you pointed out was it as well that way I can order the terminator build plaque for the car.. Ill research some more....:shrug::??:

Just call SVT with your VIN and they will tell you

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Nice find - I remember reading a post about one being stuck up under the rear bumper. PO of my car told me the spare had never been out - I'm going to have to dig around in there this weekend.

4601S/C

Established Member
Nice! I doubt I'll find anything, but I'll have to check my car when I get home tonight.

allgo90

Established Member
Nice! i would love to find mine. I will look under the spare tonight.

MikesCobra

Established Member
Just call SVT with your VIN and they will tell you

Good Point, I called and apparently its a company Holiday today lmfao, looks like the saga will continue until Monday:pop:

Something tells me that "2151" is my mark.... Ill update when I hear the official word from SVT

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Call me crazy, but I think i remember reading it was taped to the inside of the trunk as it moved down the line. Hence that little piece of tape at the top

I am no expert, but I think you got really lucky finding that in the trunk

MikesCobra

Established Member
Call me crazy, but I think i remember reading it was taped to the inside of the trunk as it moved down the line. Hence that little piece of tape at the top

I am no expert, but I think you got really lucky finding that in the trunk

I know... funny thing is it was literally underneath the spare tire just laying there.... I cant believe it has survived all these years and not gotten thrown out or ruined... honestly this really makes the car even more special to me... as gay as that sounds. lol:dancenana::dancenana:

mrose75

Established Member
Well, I'm the original owner of mine and I don't think I've ever pulled up my spare. Wonder what I have in there. Problem is mine is on the other side of the globe and I got a couple of months before I make it back. I'll forget by then, otherwise I'd check mine and let you know if it was the build number, if mine had it. Neat find tho, curious if that's your build number.

Last edited by a moderator:

HandBanana

Established Member
guaranteed that "2151" is your build #. Sweet find. I'll have to check mine, I'm the second owner and the spare was never out.

Question for you guys, who makes the build date plaques that a lot of you guys have on your cars? I've yet to call into Ford to get my build # and date but I'd really like to have one of those plaques. Thanks!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
That number is not your build number, it's the "Rotation Number". That is your "Trim" build sheet - one of seven.

Everything you would want to know about build sheets and such is right here:

SVT Documents

Scroll down to "Build sheets", hit the link, and there are re-prints of everything. If you want to see something else rare, go to the "Press Kit" link.

HandBanana

Established Member
That number is not your build number, it's the "Rotation Number". That is your "Trim" build sheet - one of seven.

SVT Documents

Scroll down to "Build sheets", hit the link, and there are re-prints of everything. If you want to see something else rare, go to the "Press Kit" link.

Awesome, thanks!

MikesCobra

Established Member

SVT Documents

Cool thanks I was really hoping that the 2151 was infact my build number out of the total cobras produced. I am not looking for what number out of all 477 TR in 04 were made. I will call svt monday and report back:beer::rockon:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Cool thanks I was really hoping that the 2151 was infact my build number out of the total cobras produced. I am not looking for what number out of all 477 TR in 04 were made. I will call svt monday and report back:beer::rockon:

Just order the certificate from Ford Show Parts. Easy enough.

Users who are viewing this thread