Cleaning Glue From Vinyl?

fknsmshn

Established Member
So long story short, I picked another dash for my car with a spot of super glue on it. I have no idea what to use to clean it without, elting or discoloring the vinyl. Can anyone give me a suggestion?

BM1

Established Member
Goo-Gone will do it. It's non-corrosive on vinyl. You'll have to soak it for a while for dried super glue though. (Probably 24 hours and keep applying it to keep it moist...)

Last edited:

fknsmshn

Established Member
Ive got some, but it seems kinda oily and I wasnt sure if it would mess the vinyl. Ill give it a shot.

Thanks.

fknsmshn

Established Member
I dont know how the non sponsor rules are on this site....

What kinda of dressing do you recommend? Ive never had to use any before, but this dash could use a little help.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I dont know how the non sponsor rules are on this site....

What kinda of dressing do you recommend? Ive never had to use any before, but this dash could use a little help.

you could use armor all or something from local auto store. i use something called "details" used by dealers from ardex i believe i can take a photo of it for you and how good it works on my dash if you would like just let me know and i can even get you a can and ship it to you for cheap if you would like! :rockon:

fknsmshn

Established Member
Ill see if I can find that stuff around here. May hafta take you up on that offer tho. Thanks a lot.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
no problem man and tell me a little about the camaro if you dont mind! :p i had a 1996 camaro ss slp #519 pretty sweet ride! so i know a little about camaros!

fknsmshn

Established Member
Its a '98 Z28, automatic hard top car. Not too much done to it. Free mods, lid, ported TB and MAF, LS6 intake, SLP Loud Mouth, Stranos/AGX's, and UMI front k member and A-arms. Its still my daily, so nothin too special lol.

fknsmshn

Established Member
Every now and again I wish I had a T56 car, but in the long run itd prally end up with TH400 any ways lol.

How many miles were on your car?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
quick shot of it back in spring

6663423561_a46e030dec_b.jpg

fknsmshn

Established Member
Damn thats a clean car.

Im at 147k lol. Thats why I dont feel too bad for hackin it up. Or gettin ready to anyways.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Damn thats a clean car.

Im at 147k lol. Thats why I dont feel too bad for hackin it up. Or gettin ready to anyways.

Clean car until I got stuck on freeway at highway speeds in a thunderstorm with nitto racing tires on it lol around a turn and into light pole. Totaled it. 6 wrecks within30 mins in this area. But oh well you live and learn. oh and my 02 gt conv with 39k makes the Camaro look dirty lol

Users who are viewing this thread