Cleaning The Suede Cobra Seats

rickymh

Established Member
I want to clean the suede part of my 2 front seats.

both seats have lint balls/rolls on the suede part of my seats.
any ideas how to remove them?

03sm3341

Established Member
I used woolight carpet cleaner on mine made a huge difference. I've heard that you can drag a razor blade over the rolls and shave them off. Dont know if it works as mine has never had that problem.

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
I've heard that you can drag a razor blade over the rolls and shave them off. Dont know if it works as mine has never had that problem.

I've done this on my Lightning and it worked great on the drivers side seat. Used a Mach III or something like that and was just real careful with it. Made the seat look new again.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that a diluted mix of Woolite works real good on the Alacantra along with some soft white towels.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Any suede products bring back that new smell?

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Im not sure what to do with suede but a while back, dont ask me how but I got gum on the back of my shirt and got in the car. So now its all f**ked up I hate looking at it but I was scared to clean it thinking all ill do is make it worst

03SVTSnakeBite

Sick Snake
Established Member
I used the suggested diluted woolite mixture and it worked really good. My driver seat had that fuzz looking crap too used a razor blade and very carefully shaved most of it off. Although its very time consuming it makes a big difference.

jldecke

SVT stalker
Established Member
2000 Grit sandpaper works wonders on the lint balls and 50/50 woolite and warm water works well for the cleaning. You can even use a stronger mix of woolite for more stubborn stains..

SVTDice

Established Member
Wouldnt it be better the other way around? A CLEANER And then the sand paper to make it fine?

Users who are viewing this thread