Clear Bra or Not to Clear bra

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Howdy!

What is everyone's experience with the clearbra products from 3M etc. Are they worth it or should I just leave my cobra unwrapped? I just got the cobra back from having the hood painted and was wondering if it was worth doing now that I have a chip free hood again or just take my chances with rock chips like before? Please let me know of your experience with this product.

-Mark :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I haven't used the product but have read good reviews here. You might want to check to see if the new paint needs to cure a certain length of time before installing it.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I think you're better off just taking your chances and then repainting again if need be. You'll still probably get some chips in the hood in areas where the bra doesn't cover anyway.

03'Darin

Established Member
2K4 SVT said:
Howdy!

What is everyone's experience with the clearbra products from 3M etc. Are they worth it or should I just leave my cobra unwrapped? I just got the cobra back from having the hood painted and was wondering if it was worth doing now that I have a chip free hood again or just take my chances with rock chips like before? Please let me know of your experience with this product.

-Mark :shrug:

DO IT!!! You'll love the stuff. I have had the clear paint protection on 5 vehicles now. The stuff is great. I have the entire front of my Cobra done, behind the wheel wells and just behind the bottom edge of the doors. It won't prevent chips from big rocks but is WAY better than the look of stone chips. The stuff is pretty hard to install. I have done all but one of mine myself. I would suggest if you don't have any experience installing it to have it done by someone that does.

Darin

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
03'Darin said:
DO IT!!! You'll love the stuff. I have had the clear paint protection on 5 vehicles now. The stuff is great. I have the entire front of my Cobra done, behind the wheel wells and just behind the bottom edge of the doors. It won't prevent chips from big rocks but is WAY better than the look of stone chips. The stuff is pretty hard to install. I have done all but one of mine myself. I would suggest if you don't have any experience installing it to have it done by someone that does.

Darin
This is pretty typical of the comments posted over time on this product. :beer:

Fred G

Established Member
Mark,
I'm running 315s BFG's on AFS 10.5's and installed the clear film (by Invincashield, not 3M) behind the rear wheel openings. My car is satin silver and the stuff is truly invisble, and never yellowed (going on 2 1/2 years). The wax I use like Zaino and Mequires Tech does not get caught on the film edge. I don't know about 3M, but Invincashield has kits for different parts of the car. I think I paid about $40 for the "wheel opening kit", shich included front and rear. I only installed the rear, which, BTW, using a squeegy and spray water bottle, is installed just like window tint.
Good luck,
Fred

I'm satisfied and would recommend the product.

03'Darin

Established Member
Fred G said:
Mark,
I'm running 315s BFG's on AFS 10.5's and installed the clear film (by Invincashield, not 3M) behind the rear wheel openings. My car is satin silver and the stuff is truly invisble, and never yellowed (going on 2 1/2 years). The wax I use like Zaino and Mequires Tech does not get caught on the film edge. I don't know about 3M, but Invincashield has kits for different parts of the car. I think I paid about $40 for the "wheel opening kit", shich included front and rear. I only installed the rear, which, BTW, using a squeegy and spray water bottle, is installed just like window tint.
Good luck,
Fred

I'm satisfied and would recommend the product.

Just FYI Mark. 3M makes the product and companies like Invinca Shield design the templates for cutting and sell the finished product.

Just a suggestion for anyone interested in this stuff. Do some research before you decide on who does your car. Some companies have very poor cut patterns which cause the end result to look rather poor.

Darin

Users who are viewing this thread