Clearkote over Zaino?

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I have Z2 on my 03 Redfire Vert and was reading about Clearkote products on this board and on Autotopia. thought I would give them a try. Do i have to strip my Zaino before applying their glaze or wax? Looking for that WET look. Your input appreciated.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Yes I would DEFINITELY strip the Zaino off first. I am a detailer and use the Clearkote products along with Zaino. Zaino doesnt like to bond with other products at all. Good choice with the Clearkote! You will get a MUCH wetter look with CK Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose Wax than you would with Zaino Z2. Autopia has a lot of good info if you need more help, but they will tell you the same thing I am sure. Clearkote looks awesome on red cars, words cannot describe what it can do for that color!

here is a Z06 I did recently with Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose:

lfront.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That does look nice Bryan. I'd love to see a picture of a red car done with it. Got any?

SVT 03 Cobra

my car shines like that with no wax, I can't even take a pic of the car without seeing everything in the reflection.... think clearkote would make it even wetter?

Jayson

quazimoto

Banned
Never used Clearkote so i can't say, i use Zaino Z2 Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes on my black '03 Cobra, i apply 2 coats, looks like i just pulled it out of my swimming pool, if thats wet enough for ya?

Also, i used Dawn dishwashing liquid beforehand to get any residual wax off the car. I also used the Z6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer as well as the ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive with the Z2 wax itself, which can also be bought from the Zaino Bros. website.

Clearkote sounds like a good wax, but i think that if you ask around, or better yet, check out their site at ZAINOSTORE.COM and click on "PHOTOS" you'll see why most people use Zaino.

Bill Reid

Established Member
As an authorized retailer, Xtreme Motorsports uses Zaino products exclusively. We have experimented with much of the current market offering. We now direct our hired detailer to use only Zaino products on customer detail jobs unless specificly requested. Zaino only gets better when building a protective coating that is more durable than most products out there. This is my experience... just passing it on for what its worth :)

BLK_03

Established Member
OK, I have to chime in here. I have been using waxes and polishes for many years and have tried all the "best" stuff. Meguiars, Klasse, Zymol, Mothers, 3M, etc...

It was not until I got this car (black) and this website that I found out about Zaino. I bought it all, z2, z5, z6, the wash, everything. Took two days to wash and apply many coats and I admit, up to that point it was the best I had tried. Zaino is good stuff....

Thanks to Juiced 03 :beer: , I decided to try the Clearkote vanilla moose and carnuba moose. I have to say that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST stuff I have ever used. You can apply and remove immediately ( no waiting!) and the stuff comes off like a dream. Seriously. With dark colors, you always seemd to have to really rub to remove any streaks or swirls (especially under certain light). Not with this stuff. It also leaves the wettest looking appearance of and product ever. You see all these threads about this and that being the best but my god people, you have to try this product. If you don't like it, I will personally buy it back from you. I swear you could strip you car of wax (dishwashing detergant) and use the two Clearkote products in under two hours. I used to be so tired by the time it came to the final steps of waxing, I would neglect certain areas of the car (door sills, lower panels, etc.). Again, not with Clearkote. Try it, you will NOT be dissapointed.

ExplorerThis

Valve Drop
Established Member
My dad uses meguiars on his 1993 cobra. And I would love to see someone try to match this shine. Im not braggin by all means but his car is flawless...and all it takes is meguiars and elbow grease. There is no "easy" fix for making a black car gleem. Check the pics.

Pic 1 Pic 2

Last edited:

BLK_03

Established Member
Explorer,

Absolutely beautiful Cobra!!!

I swear to you, you can get the exact shine, if not better with the Clearkote products. And here is the key, without the "elbow grease".

As soon as I put this stuff on, I immediately ran over to my neighbor (who could give a flying crap about cars and wax for that matter) and had him try this stuff. That is how excited about it I was. No b.s. I will ship a small sample out of my bottle to you if you want to try it. I swear you'll love it.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by BLK_03
OK, I have to chime in here. I have been using waxes and polishes for many years and have tried all the "best" stuff. Meguiars, Klasse, Zymol, Mothers, 3M, etc...

It was not until I got this car (black) and this website that I found out about Zaino. I bought it all, z2, z5, z6, the wash, everything. Took two days to wash and apply many coats and I admit, up to that point it was the best I had tried. Zaino is good stuff....

Thanks to Juiced 03 :beer: , I decided to try the Clearkote vanilla moose and carnuba moose. I have to say that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST stuff I have ever used. You can apply and remove immediately ( no waiting!) and the stuff comes off like a dream. Seriously. With dark colors, you always seemd to have to really rub to remove any streaks or swirls (especially under certain light). Not with this stuff. It also leaves the wettest looking appearance of and product ever. You see all these threads about this and that being the best but my god people, you have to try this product. If you don't like it, I will personally buy it back from you. I swear you could strip you car of wax (dishwashing detergant) and use the two Clearkote products in under two hours. I used to be so tired by the time it came to the final steps of waxing, I would neglect certain areas of the car (door sills, lower panels, etc.). Again, not with Clearkote. Try it, you will NOT be dissapointed.

WOW very glad to hear it worked out for you!!! :rockon:

I have been using it for a long time now....nothing works better on dark cars. I have got my Zaino friends hooked on it too! Thats quite a thing when a Zaino guy switches to something else :D

My current favorites are:

Clearkote: Vanilla Moose topped with Carnauba Moose

and

Poorboys: Polish W/Carnauba topped with EX Sealant

ExplorerThis

Valve Drop
Established Member
Im interested in this stuff for my cobra....my father on the other hand has his car to the point of no return...you cant make it any shinnier in my book. Thanks for the compliments. Where can I get this stuff at?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I buy my Clearkote and Poorboys products at:

http://www.specialtymotoring.com

The Clearkote package on the homepage is all you'll need (unless you have swirls, then you may need a swirl remover). Be sure to use a clay bar before using ANY product though.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10th
Silver is a pain in the a$$ to have a wett look shine.... Any sugestions????

I agree. It's downright impossible with the Satin Silver.

Believe it or not the best wax I've found is Finish 2001. It's cheap too. Apply with a sponge just like you would with Zaino.

Tried the whole Zaino thing and it did nothing for the shine. :shrug:

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
i wanna try that clearkote stuff on my car. I never really waxed it yet. it makes black cars really purrrrrrrty.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
I agree. It's downright impossible with the Satin Silver.

Believe it or not the best wax I've found is Finish 2001. It's cheap too. Apply with a sponge just like you would with Zaino.

Tried the whole Zaino thing and it did nothing for the shine. :shrug:

http://www.specialtymotoring.com

You wont be disappointed with either of the combos on the homepage of that link!! I use both the Clearkote and Poorboys lineup. Clearkote may look wetter on silver than the Poorboys, but PB will give you more depth.

BLK_03

Established Member
The only thing that remains to be seen for the Clearkote product is longevity. I just put it on this weekend so we will see how long it lasts.

However, if it only lasts a short while, it honestly won't bother me that much. It is soooo easy to apply and remove and the car looks so good when done, I wouldn't mind doing it every week!!! The is the first time I have truly enjoyed detailing my cobra from start to finish.

I have always been excited to start a weekend of waxing but by the end I am seriously exhausted. With this stuff I can't wait until I get to do it again!!!

:bowdown: Clearkote :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread