Clearwater /Tampa Bay area

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
Great meeting you guys last night as well.

If you guys are interested, we have a track rental scheduled at BMP for Feb 22nd. Drag radial or slick tire only. $55

sleepermobile2

Established Member
Maybe heat soak byrom?

Well I went to the track tonight and ran 1.61 6.9 at 103.3 then made a pass 5 mins later and it was terrible, it wasn't going anywhere .. It's never been like this before . I have fans and generator but it's all in Michigan. I never hot lap it but I can usually make a couple passes and not notice a major power loss. It's not even fun to drive around town anymore because it doesn't run. If it's heat soak the car would be useless as a street car.
Ha ha I had a hillbilly girlfriend that called me Byrom for a year...... It's Byron !!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Well I went to the track tonight and ran 1.61 6.9 at 103.3 then made a pass 5 mins later and it was terrible, it wasn't going anywhere .. It's never been like this before . I have fans and generator but it's all in Michigan. I never hot lap it but I can usually make a couple passes and not notice a major power loss. It's not even fun to drive around town anymore because it doesn't run. If it's heat soak the car would be useless as a street car.
Ha ha I had a hillbilly girlfriend that called me Byrom for a year...... It's Byron !!

103 trap is telling me your making all of that 600 HP you have. Breaking into the 6's at showtime is impressive.

sleepermobile2

Established Member
103 trap is telling me your making all of that 600 HP you have. Breaking into the 6's at showtime is impressive.

Yes it shocked me when I felt it hook. I knew I had a good run going real quick , I wanted to grab 4 th!! I was trying to catch a red trans am that took off on me , he ran 6.7 . I was reeling him in but the 1/8 is short short short.. I always get 32 -33 mph in the last half so I had 136 going !!!!

bcmaloney

Established Member
Count me in, granted it’s a ways out. I will be in Seminole around the 27th of Feb through the 10th of March on leave. I permanently move back to St. Petersburg during the month of August. I would like to get more into the car scene and I’ve been gone for 5 years.

If all the stars align and I can get some tools and the parts necessary I will have the Mustang (‘11 built Coyote w/ single turbo) up and running the streets on Florida. Last time I was there I ran into an issue with my backing plate on the rear end (9”) where the bolts sheared off and wreaked havoc on everything. Currently the car is down hard but that’s what this upcoming leave is going to address.

For the Coasties; Does either the CG AirSta or Downtown St. Petersburg base have a hobby shop? Or is the closest McDill AFB? I could really use some basic tools, since everything I own will be in Seattle.

Cheers

FL Steve

Established Member
Count me in, granted it’s a ways out. I will be in Seminole around the 27th of Feb through the 10th of March on leave. I permanently move back to St. Petersburg during the month of August. I would like to get more into the car scene and I’ve been gone for 5 years.

If all the stars align and I can get some tools and the parts necessary I will have the Mustang (‘11 built Coyote w/ single turbo) up and running the streets on Florida. Last time I was there I ran into an issue with my backing plate on the rear end (9”) where the bolts sheared off and wreaked havoc on everything. Currently the car is down hard but that’s what this upcoming leave is going to address.

For the Coasties; Does either the CG AirSta or Downtown St. Petersburg base have a hobby shop? Or is the closest McDill AFB? I could really use some basic tools, since everything I own will be in Seattle.

Cheers

The air station has a hobby shop with 2 lifts. I don't know what they have for tools but one of us will more than likely have what your looking for. If you need some help just let me know! Where are you being stationed?

bcmaloney

Established Member
That's great news. That place is pretty close to where I will be living. I'm actually going to the Venturous. I appreciate the offer for tools! I may have to resort to asking if I get the proper parts in. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread