Click/Clunk Noise Starting Out in First

SteveWK

Established Member
When starting out in first or shifting into second at slow speed there seems to be some drivetrain slop and on occasion I can hear a mild click/clunk as I engage the clutch. Not exactly sure were it is coming from and I only notice it with the windows down. I've heard it from day one but haven't been too overly concerned. Just wondering if any one else has heard this or knows what is causing it.

Steve

Van@RevanRacing

Oh man, posted this in the wrong forum. I meant to post it in the 2013 GT500 forum. Sorry.

No Problem. You need to isolate where it is coming from. Front or rear and go back to the dealer. It could be a loose control arm or possibly a loose upper control arm or control arm mount.

Van

NuclearPower

Established Member
I have a 2012 with the SVTPP and I get the same thing you are talking about. For me it is related to the shifter. I can hear the clanging that the shifter makes from 1-2 and 2-3 most of the time. You get used to it. I think the MGW solves this (Van a little help)...

Van@RevanRacing

I have a 2012 with the SVTPP and I get the same thing you are talking about. For me it is related to the shifter. I can hear the clanging that the shifter makes from 1-2 and 2-3 most of the time. You get used to it. I think the MGW solves this (Van a little help)...

It could be the shifter and MGW makes and excellent product.

SteveWK

Established Member
Thanks for the replies.

I did do a bit of testing tonight. I had the car rolling through a parking lot at about 3 mph and just engaged the clutch and could hear the clink/clank. I could disengage the clutch and then engage the clutch, over and over and hear the same sound. This was all in first gear with no throttle involved (at idle). It sounded like it was coming from the transmission or clutch area and only happened when I loaded the drivetrain. Anyway, I will be taking it to the dealer and getting a mechanic to ride around with me to hear it. I has done this since day one btw. I am not overly concerned at this point, but it just doesn't sound normal to me.

Oh and it does have the performance and track pack.

Again, I appreciate the replies.

Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread