Clunk in drive chain FIXED!!!

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Awesome!! My car had a rear end leak and the clunk went away when they fixed the leak!! I didnt even tell them about the leak, but I assume it had to do with someone not being tightened from the factory.

I am confused - my car did it from day 1 - are you saying that Ford installs bad ones, or just they are inept at the install? So many people have reported this clunck, and every Mustang I have ever owned (1985, 1986, 1987, 2003) did it. I am delighted you are happy, and not saying anything to flame you, but I am trying to make sense of it.

:shrug:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
We have come to live with the clunk over the years, and Ford see's that. So they say its normal too. Yet, its really not. Its an uneven amount of power being slopped around in the drivetrain. OVer time, such slop and play can cause failure somehwere in the drivetrain (such as broken halfshafts, or a leak somewhere). If it were tighter, there would be less recoil on such a part, making it last longer. That doesnt mean you can do 5k clutch drops at the line and nothing will break, but you have a better chance of everything lasting longer with the no play. It can be fixed, just some dealers are so unwilling to fix anything, it becomes difficult and fustrating to those who want it fixed.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
are you talking about the thing when you let off the gas and get back on it, the car feels as if the rear end wasnt engaged completely, and then it connects. If so I have that...I thought that was normal?????:??:

Nobody told me if I have the problem...look up.

Users who are viewing this thread