Clutch Advice...

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
Well its been a looooong time since I posted so hello to all the new and vets haha...

My King Cobra is about to go out here soon so I'm trying to get some ideas on my next one. The Summit store is about 45min-1hr away so I was just going to make a drive one weekend. I dont want to spend too much bc I'm not planning on keeping it too much longer.

I've got it narrowed down between the ZOOM 30048 and the RAM HDX

I've only a few upgrades
-CAI
-Exhaust
-3.73 gears
-IMRCs tied open
-Tune w/ advanced timing and fuel curves

Any ideas will be appreciated

stangbanger856

Established Member
bump...no one?

Sense you plan to sell it I would get the cheaper of the 2. If you were gona keep it I wouldn't get any of them my choice would be a Centerforce duel friction clutch. I loved it in my old 98 and it never sliped on me. With my current car I run the Zoom Duel disk clutch but at $750 it might be out of your price range but the ability to push the clutch in with ease makes driving that much more better.

epracmetcon

Established Member
Stock trans? My advise. Get something that will slip before that trans will break. I'd call up walt a promotion and get a clutch from him.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I had the ram HDX in my 98. It felt great with a smooth pedal feel. However if you do keep the car and plan more power mods down the line then id stay away from it. My s-trim cobra making 380 to the tires tore the fricition material from the clutch disc on the first pass at the track. And I wasnt even power shifting or launching hard.

Users who are viewing this thread