Clutch cable broke from pedal

Snoopy49

Established Member
Are you talking about the hydraulic fluid hose that attaches to the clutch master cylinder or the end of the master cylinder rod that connects to the clutch pedal?

2013 Shelby GT500 Pedal Assembly - 2.jpg

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
There is a clip on the end of the shaft, is it missing? If it is, look under the carpet in the kick panel.

2013 GT500 Clutch Pedal Assembly - 2.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
If the lollipop is broken off the m/c rod, you will have to replace the master cylinder.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
No way, theres gotta be a way around that its less than 6 months old!
Did you replace it with the 13-14 master cylinder? Unless you shimmed the clutch stop, there's a reason it broke. When I installed the 13-14 clutch master on my 2012, unless I shimmed the clutch stop, the plastic piece (clevis) that broke could contact the body of the master cylinder. Throw in some aggressive shifts and it's going to eventually break.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Did you replace it with the 13-14 master cylinder? Unless you shimmed the clutch stop, there's a reason it broke. When I installed the 13-14 clutch master on my 2012, unless I shimmed the clutch stop, the plastic piece (clevis) that broke could contact the body of the master cylinder. Throw in some aggressive shifts and it's going to eventually break.
Did 13-14 get a new pedal box?

How thick do you have to shim the stop? Im planning on upgrading to the 13-14 MC

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure it has a different part no., but it's essentially the same, but with the mechanism for the clutch assist spring. Our cars don't have the attachments to use the spring. However, I see a thicker shim under the clutch stop button in photos to remedy contact. I just used a washer under the existing button and it was enough to prevent contact between the plastic clevis and the master cylinder body. I may need to verify that because it's been a while. There is a rubber washer under the button and I think I just put the washer under it.

But due to that, I also had to add a different rubber washer to the piece that contacts the plunger to override the clutch safety switch. I see the 13-14 has a thicker rubber piece at that location too. I have a bunch of what I used if you need one. I had to buy in bulk and what I used was the best thing I could find. Just PM me an address and I'll send you one. I attached mine with a #8 machine screw and a lock nut. I'll see if I can take some pictures under the dash that I might be able to label to show what I did with more clarity.

SVT Jesse

Established Member
I'm sure it has a different part no., but it's essentially the same, but with the mechanism for the clutch assist spring. Our cars don't have the attachments to use the spring. However, I see a thicker shim under the clutch stop button in photos to remedy contact. I just used a washer under the existing button and it was enough to prevent contact between the plastic clevis and the master cylinder body. I may need to verify that because it's been a while. There is a rubber washer under the button and I think I just put the washer under it.

But due to that, I also had to add a different rubber washer to the piece that contacts the plunger to override the clutch safety switch. I see the 13-14 has a thicker rubber piece at that location too. I have a bunch of what I used if you need one. I had to buy in bulk and what I used was the best thing I could find. Just PM me an address and I'll send you one. I attached mine with a #8 machine screw and a lock nut. I'll see if I can take some pictures under the dash that I might be able to label to show what I did with more clarity.
A 99 cent eye bolt and .30 cent clamp, all fixed and much more durable than before

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using svtperformance.com mobile app

SVT Jesse

Established Member

Thank you for the offer to send one, i missed that earlier. It is Very much appreciated. I had to have it operational immediately however its my daily, and would basically cripple me if it was down for longer then a day

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread