Clutch Cable Install Problems

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
I can't seem to get my clutch cable to sit flush on FW adjuster. I have a OEM cable with a UPR adjuster. I dont have the rubber bushing, but I will pick it up tomorrow, I hope it fixes the problem. What hook to use of Triple hook Quad. Is there anything else I need to know, I put it on and took it off twice already trying to get it to sit flush. Plus I noticed that my quadrant wasn't shimmed so I will shim it right. Might as well do it right and not worry about it again.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I can't seem to get my clutch cable to sit flush on FW adjuster. I have a OEM cable with a UPR adjuster. I dont have the rubber bushing, but I will pick it up tomorrow, I hope it fixes the problem. What hook to use of Triple hook Quad. Is there anything else I need to know, I put it on and took it off twice already trying to get it to sit flush. Plus I noticed that my quadrant wasn't shimmed so I will shim it right. Might as well do it right and not worry about it again.

I think mine is the same way. I have a fiore fire walll adjuster and the cable end moves around on the adjuster. So I can grab the cable and wiggle it around up and down. It doesn't sit flat and tight against it. I think that's what your talking about? So is this normal?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread