Clutch cable

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
hey guys i bought a clutch cable and firewall adjuster kit from american muscle and basically the cable is a piece of shit and its stretched out so far now i cant even drive my car.... i want to buy a good reliable cable thats not gonna stretch out so what should i get the OEM cable or is there another brand out there that is good please let me know thanks

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Was leaning toward the the maximum motor sports cable its seems to be very strong and reliable if anyone has experience with this cable ure info is greatly appreciated thanks

Indmoney

Established Member
the Steeda one? i heard some complaints about it.. i have it though its ok, but i don't have anything to compare it to

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Buy a Ford cable and don't look back...the ford cables are the best ones out there.

I was reading about the maximum motor sports cable at they said it is the stock ford cable but just with modifications to fit with the fire wall adjuster... u think the stock oem cable will work with the firewall adjuster?

Zacharyx

Established Member
OE cable with a little cutting works fine with firewall adjusters, I tell people all the time to not buy the aftermarket cables and they just end up buying cables twice

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I was reading about the maximum motor sports cable at they said it is the stock ford cable but just with modifications to fit with the fire wall adjuster... u think the stock oem cable will work with the firewall adjuster?

Yes it will work with firewall adjusters, all you have to do is remove the plastic piece that mounts the stock cable to the firewall.

Users who are viewing this thread