Clutch capacity

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Anyone know about how much power the stock clutch will hold before giving out? I know there's a guy making 7xx on it but I'm not sure for how long.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
One of our customers has about 25 hours worth of road course driving on his stock clutch making about 600rwhp with a pro charger and his clutch is still holding up

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Good deal. It's not my dd so I'm hoping once I go fi it'll still be fine with 6xx whp

Benchracer

Established Member
I probably have 50 or more high 10's and low 11 second passes on mine and still going strong. I dont understand why so many people are upgrading so early. I have seen people telling others that they need to upgrade when they start running low 12's-high 11's. Most people dont do very much research and just like throwing money at their car.

Benchracer

Established Member
Just food for thought. If anybody happens to burn up a stock clutch, the stock boss clutch has held over 1000rwhp. So if I ever feel I need to upgrade, that will be my first choice. I have a friend that works at Ford and said he can get me one for around $360. Much cheaper than most aftermarket clutches, PROVEN to handle all the power I will ever want, and Ill bet it has a lighter pedal than the aftermarket clutches that will handle similar amounts of power. :beer:

5.0Trunk

Established Member
This is good to hear... I was wondering about the stock clutch since I had the whipple installed, and how much it can handle, even called my speed shop to price it out :eek: I guess I will just run mine until it goes....

I probably have 50 or more high 10's and low 11 second passes on mine and still going strong. I dont understand why so many people are upgrading so early. I have seen people telling others that they need to upgrade when they start running low 12's-high 11's. Most people dont do very much research and just like throwing money at their car.

dynasty_365

Established Member
What up melvo. Didn't know u was on here too. Guy on Here has like 750hp and is still on stock clutch. Another thread a guy is putting 800+ and still on the stock clutch so these hold up pretty well

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
What up melvo. Didn't know u was on here too. Guy on Here has like 750hp and is still on stock clutch. Another thread a guy is putting 800+ and still on the stock clutch so these hold up pretty well

Hey what's up buddy yea I've been here for awhile and yes this clutch thing is music to my ears

ViciousJay

Established Member
Just food for thought. If anybody happens to burn up a stock clutch, the stock boss clutch has held over 1000rwhp. So if I ever feel I need to upgrade, that will be my first choice. I have a friend that works at Ford and said he can get me one for around $360. Much cheaper than most aftermarket clutches, PROVEN to handle all the power I will ever want, and Ill bet it has a lighter pedal than the aftermarket clutches that will handle similar amounts of power. :beer:

And this will be my replacement when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread