Clutch Choice/Daily Driving

robb15033

Established Member
Attempting to save you some money here. Any specific reason for the MM Cable Kit? Stock cable is a nice quality piece as well.

Your car, or all older mustangs, would benefit from a nice set of SFCs if you don't have them already.

Nice wheels!

The Mustang shop I use fabricates their own SFC's and they're alot cheaper. I talked to them about it too. I will stiffin the **** out of this car.

Once I was breezing through the internet and came across a piece that stiffins up rear of the car & improves handling, and I remember that it was bolted onto the differential housing. I cant remember where i saw it or who makes it. Maybe Kenny Brown or Griggs.?.?

laddanator

Established Member
My other Mustang has a SPEC Stage1 clutch, Ford cable, and MM quadrant and adjuster. Got them piece by piece & worked out fine.

The MM clutch cable is made to Ford specs and is looked at as a Ford cable so by you having a Ford cable, MM quadrant and FWA is the same thing as having the entire MM kit.

You say you have no luck with Optima batt?

robb15033

Established Member
The MM clutch cable is made to Ford specs and is looked at as a Ford cable so by you having a Ford cable, MM quadrant and FWA is the same thing as having the entire MM kit.

You say you have no luck with Optima batt?

OK. It worked out like that accidentally on purpose. I bought all the other clutch parts individually and the shop had the cable.
I was disappointed with how easily the red top Optima battery failed. It was my fault when I left interior lights on over a period of days and it drained, but then it took 2 days of a tender charge to rehab it and it died again on a cold night. It was something I did but they are expensive. I will go with a high cranking amp, sealed acid battery like the Deka Ultimate for now on.

goat-ee

Established Member
You can never go wrong with a ProMotion clutch. Stock like feel that more than handled my supercharged and turbo'd cars. And at a price that is unbeatable, once you go ProMotion you will wonder why people spend the bucks on a name. Just call Walt, he will take care of you and not sell you more than you really want/need.

robb15033

Established Member
You can never go wrong with a ProMotion clutch. Stock like feel that more than handled my supercharged and turbo'd cars. And at a price that is unbeatable, once you go ProMotion you will wonder why people spend the bucks on a name. Just call Walt, he will take care of you and not sell you more than you really want/need.

Day late, dollar short.
I think what you meant to say was, .... McLeod Street Pro was the greatest clutch of all time.:):rolling::burnout:
Ha! Ha!!

laddanator

Established Member
Day late, dollar short.
I think what you meant to say was, .... McLeod Street Pro was the greatest clutch of all time.:):rolling::burnout:
Ha! Ha!!

Promotion puts a good clutch package together as well but you won't be disappointed with the McLeod. Also, when you change the pilot bearing, use a slice of bread and a 5/8 bolt to push the bearing out. When I changed my bearing a few weeks ago, popped it out in less than a minute with a slice of bread and it's super easy clean up vs grease.

Users who are viewing this thread