Clutch install Now car runs lean/rich Help please

Mooseman0

Established Member
Guys i just installed a mcleod rxt twin disk.

when putting back together I plugged the wrong sensor into the speedo sensor on the trans I Belive it was one of my rear o2 sensors which are deleted Thru the tune. when i relized my speedo was not working i swapped them and was good to go. Engine light was on for that about speedo sensor. It Also read like a low intake temp i belive i forget now i figured it just tripped something else like a chain reaction. And i read with speedo unooked it goes into a limp mode.

Any ways Now the car runs lean and rich. and pops a lot more than normal and jerks me around driving low throttle. Everything is plugged in . I drove the car for 55-60 Miles and no engine light yet to come on. I have vacation with the car in 3 weeks and really need to figure this out.
Any suggestions? tomrrow i am going to take the whole intake off and also make sure the maf is clean

hotcobra03

Established Member
low intake temps?

check to see if tmap is plugged in all the way..its a mess with harness in that spot..

Blueline

Established Member
I would re load your tune and see how it does. Also as mentioned you may see some clutch chatter until it breaks in.

Mooseman0

Established Member
Reloaded tune. No luck. Its deffinitly not clutch chatter. Wideband reads 10.00 and pegs leans as well. And it drives jerkey. I'm going to clean the Maf now

Mooseman0

Established Member
Finally got the CEL back P0506 idle air control system rpm lower than expected

Mooseman0

Established Member
cleaned the sensor real good with electrical cleaner and still no go. My buddy has 1 that he is going to let me use. It still runs mega rich and lean. I sit at red lights and exhaust smoke rolls up past me :(

hotcobra03

Established Member
some reading from ford manual...it might be alot at once but it is always right..look it over slow..read pinpoint as if you pass..it will go thru all the things that cause code..step by step..

your starting point is KE2

P0506 - Idle Air Control System RPM lower than expected The PCM attempts to control engine speed during KOER self-test. The test fails when the desired rpm could not be reached or controlled during the self-test. IAC circuit shorted to PWR
VPWR to IAC solenoid open
IAC circuit open
Damaged IAC valve
Damaged PCM
Air inlet is plugged
The IAC solenoid resistance is from 6 to 13 ohms. Monitor IAC PID duty cycle and/or voltage.

2003 PCED OBD SECTION 5: Pinpoint Tests
Procedure revision date: 08/19/2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KE: Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve KE: Introduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KE1 IDLE CONCERNS OR STALLS: RUN KOER SELF-TEST AND OUTPUT CONTINUOUS MEMORY DTCS
The Symptom Charts have indicated that there was no change in idle quality when the IAC valve was disconnected.

Retrieve all Continuous Memory DTCs.
Note: If unable to perform KOER Self-Test to completion, GO to KE2 .

Run Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test.
Is DTC P0505, P1504 or P1507 retrieved during KOER Self-Test or from Continuous Memory?
Yes No
KEY OFF. GO to KE2 . The IAC system is OK. RETURN to Section 3 , Symptom Charts.

KE2 DTC P0505, P1504, P1507 OR STARTS ONLY AT PART THROTTLE: CHECK VPWR VOLTAGE TO IAC VALVE
Note: If EGR DTC P0402 was output during Self Test, diagnose it first before continuing with this Pinpoint Test.

Disconnect IAC valve.
Key on, engine off.
Measure VPWR circuit voltage at the IAC valve harness connector.
Is voltage greater than 10.5 volts?
Yes No
KEY OFF. GO to KE3 . REPAIR open circuit.

KE3 CHECK IAC VALVE RESISTANCE
IAC valve disconnected.
Measure IAC valve resistance.
Is resistance between 6.0 and 13.0 ohms?
Yes No
GO to KE4 . REPLACE IAC valve.

KE4 CHECK IAC VALVE FOR AN INTERNAL SHORT TO IAC CASE
Measure the resistance from either IAC valve pin to IAC valve case.
Is resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes No
For DTC P1504:

GO to KE7 .

All others:

GO to KE5 . REPLACE IAC valve.

KE5 CHECK AIR INLET FOR PLUGGING OR STUCK IAC PINTLE
Inspect the entire intake air system for debris, blockage and other damage.
Remove and inspect IAC valve, check pintle movement. Check air tubes (if equipped) for blockage and other damage.
Remove and inspect the air cleaner element for excessive dirt.
Is the IAC valve and intake air system OK?
Yes No
RESTORE inlet air system. GO to KE6 . REPLACE IAC valve or repair air inlet as necessary.

KE6 CHECK FOR INLET AIR LEAKS
Key on, engine running.
With engine running at idle, listen for vacuum leaks.
Inspect the entire intake air system from the mass air flow (MAF) sensor to the intake manifold for leaks such as:
Cracked or punctured intake air tube.
Damaged or loose IAC air tubes.
Loose intake air tube at air cleaner housing or throttle body.
IAC valve or gasket seal.
EGR valve gasket seal.
Vacuum supply connector and hose.
PCV valve, connectors and hoses.
Are any leaks detected in the above areas?
Yes No
REPAIR as necessary. KEY OFF. GO to KE7 .

KE7 CHECK IAC CIRCUIT FOR OPEN IN HARNESS
Note: Refer to the PCM connector pin numbers in the beginning of this Pinpoint Test.

IAC valve disconnected.
Disconnect PCM.
Measure resistance of IAC circuit between PCM harness connector pin and IAC valve harness connector.
Is resistance less than 5.0 ohms?
Yes No
GO to KE8 . REPAIR open circuit.

KE8 CHECK IAC CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO PWR IN HARNESS
Key on, engine off.
Measure voltage on IAC circuit between PCM harness connector pin and battery negative post.
Is voltage less than 1.0 volt?
Yes No
KEY OFF. GO to KE9 . REPAIR short circuit.

KE9 CHECK IAC CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO GROUND IN HARNESS
Disconnect scan tool from DLC.
Measure resistance between IAC and PWR GND circuits at the PCM harness connector.
Is each resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes No
For KOEO or KOER DTC P1504, P0511:

REPLACE PCM (refer to Section 2, Flash Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM) ).

All Others:

GO to KE10 . REPAIR short circuit.

KE10 CHECK IAC SIGNAL FROM PCM
Reconnect PCM and IAC valve.
Note: If stalling occurs place a shim under the hard stop screw to maintain idle conditions).

Key on, engine running.
Access IAC and RPM PIDS.
With engine at normal operating temperature, accessories OFF and at closed throttle, the IAC duty cycle must be between approximately 22 percent and 65 percent.
Slowly increase engine speed to 3000 rpm and return to closed throttle (Note: If closed throttle rpm is significantly higher than normal, ignore this step).
Is the IAC duty cycle within specification at closed throttle and does the duty cycle respond to the change in rpm?
Yes No
For Continuous Memory DTCs P1504 and P1507:

GO to KE30 .

All others:

KEY OFF. INSPECT throttle body for damage. REPAIR as necessary. If OK, REPLACE IAC valve. RESET Keep Alive Random Access Memory (RAM). (REFER to Section 2, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Reset ). REPLACE IAC valve.

KE20 DTC P1506: CHECK FOR VACUUM LEAKS
Key on, engine running.
With the engine at idle, listen for vacuum leaks.
Inspect the entire intake air system from the mass air flow (MAF) sensor to the intake manifold for damage or leaks such as:
Cracked or punctured intake air tube.
Loose or cracked IAC air tubes.
Loose intake air tube at the air cleaner housing or throttle body.
IAC valve or gasket seal.
Intake manifold assembly or gasket seal.
EGR valve gasket seal.
Vacuum supply connectors and hose.
PCV valve, connectors and hose.
Are any leaks detected in the above areas?
Yes No
KEY OFF. REPAIR as necessary. KEY OFF. GO to KE21 .

KE21 CHECK EVAP SYSTEM FOR A STUCK OPEN VALVE
Disconnect hoses at EVAP canister purge valve (or VMV).
Connect a hand vacuum pump at the fuel vapor port to EVAP canister at the EVAP canister purge valve (or VMV).
Apply 53 kPa (16 in-Hg) of vacuum to EVAP canister purge valve (or VMV).

Does the EVAP canister purge valve (or VMV) hold vacuum for 20 seconds?
Yes No
RECONNECT hoses. GO to KE22 . REPLACE EVAP canister purge valve.

KE22 CHECK IAC VALVE FOR PROPER FUNCTION
Key on, engine running.
Bring engine to normal operating temperature.
Transmission in PARK or NEUTRAL.
Disconnect IAC valve.
Does the rpm drop or engine stall?
Yes No
KEY OFF. GO to KE23 . KEY OFF. INSPECT throttle body for damage. REPAIR as necessary. If OK, REPLACE IAC valve. RESET Keep Alive Random Access Memory (RAM). (REFER to Section 2, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Reset .)

KE23 CHECK IAC CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO GND IN HARNESS
Note: Refer to the PCM connector pin numbers in the beginning of this Pinpoint Test.

Disconnect scan tool from DLC.
Disconnect PCM.
Measure resistance between IAC circuit at the PCM harness connector and battery negative post.
Is each resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes No
For fast idle symptom currently present:

REPLACE PCM (refer to Section 2, Flash Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM) ).

All others:

Reconnect PCM. GO to KE30 . REPAIR short circuit.

KE30 CHECK IAC SYSTEM FOR INTERMITTENT OPEN OR SHORT
Scan tool connected.
Key on, engine running.
Access IAC PID and RPM PIDs.
With engine at normal operating temperature, accessories off and at idle, the IAC duty cycle must be between 20% and 45%.
Observe the PIDs for an indication of a fault while completing the following at idle:
Lightly tap on IAC valve and wiggle harness connector to simulate road shock.
Grasp the vehicle harness closest to the IAC valve. Shake and bend a small section of the harness from the IAC to the dash panel and from the dash panel to the PCM.
Do the IAC or RPM PIDs suddenly change in value indicating a fault?
Yes No
ISOLATE fault and REPAIR as necessary. For idle quality, starting or stalling symptoms currently present:

REPLACE IAC valve.

All others:

Unable to duplicate or identify fault at this time. GO to Z1 .

Mooseman0

Established Member
Ok guys So I went under the car, I or my buddy must have hooked the top Front above the extentions on the front o2 sensors wrong. I switched them vis versa and started the car let it idle good afr whole time and reved to about 3k and good afr didnt go lean or rich one time. I did not go for a ride yet but im 99.9% sure that was my problem Thank you everyone for your time and i learned a lesson not to switch those around on accident

Users who are viewing this thread