clutch life with all the basic mods

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
I had mine replaced last week. It went after a day at the races. 9k on the clock. The dealership would not cover the clutch, and it cost me $600 bucks. I will be changing racing strategy now, as I can't afford to replace the clutch every 3 months. In adition to this, I now have the vibe due to the clutch replacement. :fm:

You need a different dealer.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
your driveshaft is out of phase....

Originally posted by Lethalchem
...... In adition to this, I now have the vibe due to the clutch replacement. :fm:

they probably didn't bother to mark the driveshaft and yokes when they pulled the trans :bash:

you might try reindexing it yourself to avoid putting it backin their hands

Last edited:

stang99

I purchased the Extreme stuff from UPR. Each piece was separate and they cost more than the unit you showed. But, they are allegedly more heavy duty. All the various mfgs may be perfectly OK and better than the orig plastic Ford part. RaceRat listed the parts that I picked up when she did her clutch so I decided to go the same way in the hope of ending up with her HP numbers too.

Originally posted by lRageATMl
is this what you got? I think it is time for me to get this also even though my stock clutch is holding up fine...

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=181

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
You need a different dealer.

Yup. I just had my clutch/flywheel replaced with 17k on the clock.
I complained to 2 other dealers about the same problem since 8000 miles, but they both said "unable to verify".

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
9,000 miles on mine. Lots of 1/4 mile runs. I tried feathering the clutch a few times on hard launches and it seemed like a recipe for disaster given the horsepower and weight of the car. So if I mean business, the clutch comes out fast and I've had no problems. In practice that means low RPM launches on street tires and higher RPM launches on track tires. I expect it to last a long time using this method. The clutch still works as good as the day I got the car.

davidmax

Established Member
I run a pro stock clutch(close to),thats capable of I believe 1800+ rrwhp,and well over 2k Tqe.Its a part from SHM and its gotta be NUKE PROOF!!!.I dont know thr price as mine is a prototype and the Co. who made it is going into production as soon as a few Mules hand in there results.
It has 175-200 Lbs. of downward force to over come and traffic for this weakling(bumper to bumper) leaves my clutch leg with a tremor after a traffic jam,Its like doing squats in the gym.
For more info I would call Seans shop but most people are not up for this pup and it may be very expensive and over kill in your applications.
GREAT EVENING TO ALL,Dave S

tommygun

Established Member
doing swats with a house on your back with those pressures......damn

but you have to do what it takes...McCleod twin disc is prolly in the future or a custom clutch with a sinter iron disc and diaphram that can take some serious power

stang99

I understand that jh is bring his mechanic with him to do all the dirty work for him. I am just providing tools and guidence. I hope that his mechanic is tough, because he will be working in 120 degree conditions. If things work out the old elderly gentlemen will sit in the shade and shout encouragement at the mechanic, such as "don't worry about the blood, your fingers will grow back." I seem to remember that the young heal quickly.

Originally posted by amwalker
ahahahahahaha nice Tetge, jh will definetly agree w/ you
pulley+chip tomorrow!!!

Users who are viewing this thread