Clutch Line Upgrade??

trakit

Established Member
I plan to go with a McLeod RXT Twin Disc and was wondering if it is really needed to upgrade the clutch line??

If so, whose should I go with?

JHR? $60
Ford Racing? $239
McLeod? $120

What is your experience?????

01bluesnake

Established Member
The clutch line is a slight fix for the factory clutch sticking at high rpm. With an aftermarket clutch, the line isn't a needed item, although it does help pedal feel. I run the JPC line in mine.

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
The install wasn't bad at all, probably one the easiest mods i've done on my car lol. You need to be able to get under the car, so on jack stands or ramps is a must. A small flat head screwdriver or some long picks work best to disengage the clips. Also make you suck out the brake fluid in the reservoir and have a catch for the brake to drain into when disconnected from under the car, with rags or paper towels handy. When bleeding, you can pump the brake pedal till its firm, or use a handheld vacuum pump to help remove air. It may take a while to bleed all the air, mine still felt a little soft upon first drives for a few days.

GT915

Established Member
Thanks. I was data logging a third gear pull from 1500-7000 rpm and when I went to press the clutch pedal after I let off, I noticed it was already half way down. I'm not sure what caused it or if the clutch line is even a fix. I've had no other issues before.

01bluesnake

Established Member
That would be the famous issue. With the stock clutch and no line, it starts to act up around/before 7K. With the line upgrade, i've been able to shift at 73-7400. If i pump the pedal before leaving at the track to build up the pressure, i can usually shift at 76-7700 no problems. The stock clutch plate is the problem though, once upgraded the cars drive great.

Last edited:

GT915

Established Member
That would be the famous issue. With the stock clutch and no line, it starts to act up around/before 7K. With the line upgrade, i've been able to shift at 73-7400. If i pump the pedal before the line to build up the pressure, i can usually shift at 76-7700 no problems. The stock clutch plate is the problem though, once upgraded the cars drive great.
I didn't what to derail the thread so I sent you a pm.

Dave_6

Established Member
Thanks. I was data logging a third gear pull from 1500-7000 rpm and when I went to press the clutch pedal after I let off, I noticed it was already half way down. I'm not sure what caused it or if the clutch line is even a fix. I've had no other issues before.

Mine does the same thing in any gear. Yet another mod I need to do to mine.

yeahloh95

Established Member
does the line help with the heat from doing a burnout and the car not leaving good ? i had the problem sat at cecil it felt like the clutch was slipping or car pulled timing i was on stock pirrelis ,sorry to hijack

sean04

Established Member
Do any of these lines have a check valve in them?

Its fun when you unhook the line and have all of the fluid dump out on you

Users who are viewing this thread