CLUTCH (pivot stud) help

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Guys. I am doing a replacement of an OEM clutch in my bros stock 92 lx...oops crap, I mean my cobra

My question is, how many shims for the stock pivot stud in the bellhousing? When I replaced the stud, I noticed 2 rather thick lockwashers stacked together, but ignored it and installed the trans. But now I am second guessing wether this came bone stock from the factory like that. I did a search and I couldn't find anything but a picture of the stud installed with no washers and shims at all, so now I am really doubting its together correct. I can pull the T5 real quick since its just sitting on the crossmember at the moment, but I need to know the correct way to install the pivot stuff before I finish out the project.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
anyone??? we're turning wrenches this weekend. it would be nice to know

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
There should not be any washers much less stacked washers on the pivot ball stud in a stock bellhousing...... I would remove the washers and put it back the factory correct way.

I have seen people have to do it on some aftermarket bellhousing to get a clutch fork issue resolved.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Guys. I am doing a replacement of an OEM clutch in my bros stock 92 lx...oops crap, I mean my cobra

My question is, how many shims for the stock pivot stud in the bellhousing? When I replaced the stud, I noticed 2 rather thick lockwashers stacked together, but ignored it and installed the trans. But now I am second guessing wether this came bone stock from the factory like that. I did a search and I couldn't find anything but a picture of the stud installed with no washers and shims at all, so now I am really doubting its together correct. I can pull the T5 real quick since its just sitting on the crossmember at the moment, but I need to know the correct way to install the pivot stuff before I finish out the project.

There shouldnt be any washers... more than likely someone did that to help stop a chattering clutch, or one that was worn....

Just reinstall the pivot knub without washers behind it. Make sure you use a new TOB from Ford as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread