Clutch problem.....SPEC SS

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Ok, I just took my car out last night and went for a few rips. I took off at 2k rpms in second and when I went to go into third I could not get it out of second. After about 4 seconds it was able to come out of gear and go into third. I tried it in 1st and pressed the clutch in and the rpms did not drop.... I pressed the gas while the clutch was fully pressed in and the car still moved like the clutch was still engaged. Has anyone had this problem with the Spec SS? I have already contacted the shop that did the install and is contacting spec today.....any ideas?:shrug:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Is it a brand new clutch? Describe "a few rips". It sounds like you welded the disc/s to the pressure plate. Does the clutch disengage at all?

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
It only does it on high rpms but normal driving it works perfect, it was the first time I floored the car since having the clutch put in., new clutch with 350 miles on it

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Update from the shop::: have a new pressure plate on the way. Thanks to everyone that was involved in helping it get sorted out, top notch service from spec as well!!

Bad Company

Established Member
Update from the shop::: have a new pressure plate on the way. Thanks to everyone that was involved in helping it get sorted out, top notch service from spec as well!!
Can you explain WHY it needs a new pressure plate on a brand new clutch? Who is eating the labor costs of Removing & Replacing it? The shop, Spec or you?

Van@RevanRacing

Revan Racing is the stocking dealer that sold this kit to the shop that did the installation. I contacted SPEC when I saw this post as I put two and two together on the location of the customer and installing dealer.

This has been isolated to only a few clutches this being one of them so I took the initiative and got things going with SPEC to resolve the customers issue.

Van

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Revan Racing is the stocking dealer that sold this kit to the shop that did the installation. I contacted SPEC when I saw this post as I put two and two together on the location of the customer and installing dealer.

This has been isolated to only a few clutches this being one of them so I took the initiative and got things going with SPEC to resolve the customers issue.

Van

:beer:

iamlightning03

Established Member

Van

Nice service sir!!!

Bad Company

Established Member

Van
Van

I was curious if Spec was paying for the labor on this. We've talked a few times about what I went through with the Kenny Brown Performance suspension I did. As you know that cost me money in labor to rectify. I was wondering if Spec was a stand up company and taking care of this 100% or if the owner of the car has to eat the labor charges. Because I am considering the Spec clutch when I need to replace the stock one. To see that they stand behind the problem 100% means a lot to me after my suspension issues and will help in my decision later

cobra567

Established Member
I had a slightly warped plate on a Spec twin SS which cause hot spots on the fly wheel. The chatter went from annoying to undrivable and all Spec wanted me to do was drive it. I forced the issue pulling the clutch assembly and returning to Spec. They finally replaced it but I ate all the shipping and the labor. Miserable customer service in my opinion. The clutch still has a slight chatter and I think it is the most miserable clutch in the world. I will remove it and place in trash in future.

SVTFOREVER2008

Established Member
Update to thread::::

Ok guys.... so I am still having a odd problem and need some guidance ... if you read my first post I had problems getting it out of gears at high rpms. Well since we have deemed it a faulty new slave cylinder, so we replaced it. Got home and it still did the same thing, so than the only other thing that I could think of would be the Syncromesh fluid is to thick so changed out to the ford fluid and it worked great... until today... :fm: it worked for about 3 days I just took it out and it is getting stuck in 1st gear on high rpms again but the odd thing is the other gears are ok... :??::??::??: Any suggestions??

And just to clarify this car has had 0 trans issues until replacing the clutch

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread