Clutch question

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
I'm in the middle of my rebuild and i'm gonna need a new clutch to handle the power. I'm looking at about 500-550rwhp, what are you guys in this power range running and how has it held up for you? thanks in advance for any input or suggestions. -Dylan

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
run a search for - ProMotion Performance...you should be able to find a few threads/info on their clutches.

they are excellent/quality clutches that dont cost anywhere near $1k like the one mentioned. the clutch pedal is much much lighter than stock. zero chatter from day 1. didnt even hear a chirp from the TOB for well over 40k miles. replaced that, and the clutch still had life left to go. when it comes time to do another clutch swap, i will be going right back to them.

edit: also wanted to add that the clutch is PERFECT for a street car, or DD. my cobra is my DD, and the clutch is perfect for cruising, and has excellent driveability.

http://www.promotionpowertrain.com/NEW_FORD_CLUTCH_PAGE.html

^^^here is there link, if you want to check out their page ^^^

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My promotion clutch should be installed in about two weeks! I'll be giving a review once I get some miles on it!

Torch04RedSnake

Established Member
The RXT is a pricey unit but driveability is extremely streetable. I would have no problem driving in rush hour traffic with this clutch. I can release the clutch without applying gas and it will not stall the engine

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
yeah, it seems like there aren't too many driveability issues w/ the high performance clutches. seems like they're all pretty ok. i found a pretty good deal on a spec stage 3, i'm new to the whole promotion movement, it seems like they're fairly good too though. i really feel i should get the 26 spline input shaft and the only place I can find it is lethal performance. anybody know where else i can find one or a good write up on an install? Anybody familiar w/ the stock limits of a 10 spline?

mustang john

Established Member
Ram HD with a steel flywheel, i have had this clutch for almost 5 years and made hundreds of passes and hard launches on it and it drives great on the street. Its just now starting to slip some and i have already bought another Ram to replace it! See sig pic so you can get an idea of what i call a hard launch lol!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Yada yada yada buy a rxt and be done with it... That's all you ever hear anymore.

Op, if your looking for a clutch for 500-550hp you do not need an rxt nor do you want to drop the coin that it's going to cost. Contact promotion powertrain and tell them what you'll be doing with the car. They'll spec you a clutch for your needs and you'll be super happy with it.

Also run an aluminum flywheel.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
OP Promotion offers 26 spline clutches, they just don't show it on there website.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
I've been hearing a lot of good feedback from those who own the ProMotion Clutches. You can never go wrong with McLeod and I have no complaints with the Spec stage 3 I'm running currently. Just pick the best set up you can do within your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread