Clutch recommendations...

slowcobragtr

Established Member
Have a whipple 2.3 build i am in the middle of, but wont be going crazy with it. Will be more than likely never above 800hp to the wheels. Looking at the RXT twin disc and the spec 3 with a 26 spline also being put in same time. Really wanting something not too much of a leg work out. Was considering the RST but saw a lot of threads saying to just skip to the RXT

44shelby

Established Member
I have a rxt and I'll just say that it's not the greatest driving clutch. Holds the power well though.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Have a whipple 2.3 build i am in the middle of, but wont be going crazy with it. Will be more than likely never above 800hp to the wheels. Looking at the RXT twin disc and the spec 3 with a 26 spline also being put in same time. Really wanting something not too much of a leg work out. Was considering the RST but saw a lot of threads saying to just skip to the RXT

the rst and rxt utilize the same pressure plate, so they both would have the same pedal pressure. (which is, very light and street friendly)

the difference between the two is the friction material. if you intend to drag race the car at all or launch it with sticky tires, get the rxt.

slowcobragtr

Established Member
the rst and rxt utilize the same pressure plate, so they both would have the same pedal pressure. (which is, very light and street friendly)

the difference between the two is the friction material. if you intend to drag race the car at all or launch it with sticky tires, get the rxt.
It's going to get lunched on occasion, but def not take to strip and just beat on. Here and there can't lie and say not at all

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have an RXT and have no issues driving it. I've been stuck in traffic plenty of times with it and haven't had issues.

Both of my kids learned to drive a stick with it. Last time out I teased my daughter about being the only one of her friends to learn in a 700hp car.

robvas

Established Member
I liked how both my Spec 3 and Promotion drove compared to my RXT

03' White Snake

Established Member
Spec 3+ is an on/off switch, with the LPO pedal effort is nothing. Will take a little getting used to the clutch but works great and holds the power fine.

I’m running the RXT now, holds the power, release point is much higher than the Spec (even with adjustable stud and grinding the web on trans and fork). If you lug the car, low rpm in 4th, clutch sounds like a box of rocks in the transmission. Pedal effort is not much different than the Spec. To me, the RXT is not worth double the money and I won’t be wasting my money on it next time.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I had an RXT in my supercharged 13 coyote and it was great. I daily drove it for a year and a half no issues. Plenty of stop and go traffic. It makes noise at low rpm so you will figure out what gear you need to be in to keep it quiet.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
McLeod RXT. no debate, I'm on my third one and have it in both my 04 and my Z

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The RST is an amazing clutch

We do have some other good options as well, but the Mcleod is really nice

We are running a sale right now through Friday

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Spec 3+ with LPO. First takes a little to get used to but it holds the power perfectly. Makes a little noise/chatter in the break in process.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
“LPO” ? Is that “Light Pedal Option”?

I’ll be getting a new clutch this winter with a 26spline input so this is a good thread for me too.

I was planning on RST but looking at other options too.

blownfox

Established Member
I really like my centerforce Dyad clutch. Great pedal feel, good engagement, and good holding power. Great street driving clutch.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
“LPO” ? Is that “Light Pedal Option”?

I’ll be getting a new clutch this winter with a 26spline input so this is a good thread for me too.

I was planning on RST but looking at other options too.
That’s it. 1st really is an on and off switch. You just have to get used to it. It does make noise but it will hold the torque you throw at it and it shifts very smooth with the correct adjustments made and quality fluid. I can drive it in traffic all day long if I wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread