Clutch replacement

XP900

Established Member
Warming up so I started my clutch replacement. Hopefully I don't run into too many issues.

Questions....I am reading ahead and looking at docs that are probably 10-12 years old. Is the Motorcraft XG-8 lubricant still the current choice for the plate splines/shaft?

It also refers to using the scan tool to perform the Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction. Is this necessary? What do DIY mechanics do? Take it to a dealer afterwards if required?

Last edited:

69b302

Established Member
Never had to do anything on the PCM in my 07. On a friends 12, we had to do a crank relearn IIRC.

XP900

Established Member
I can handle that probably, but I don't even see how the car would know the clutch was replaced ... even going from a 2010 setup to a 2013/14 setup it's all mechanical parts with no electronics replaced.

69b302

Established Member
I was surprised when the 12 threw a code, but seems to be a somewhat common issue on clutch/flywheel replacement, with some Ford PCMs.

XP900

Established Member
No error codes popped up yet on the 2010 with 200 miles and I did not run any resets or relearns other than battery disconnected for a week or two, so I think I'm all set.

Users who are viewing this thread