Clutch went out the other day

Walk2Much

Established Member
With just a little over 40k on my 09 the clutch went out the other day when I was driving home. :fm: I found a clutch kit on rockauto.com, does anyone know if it is the oem replacement? http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=4994667&cc=1442746 Its just a little over $450. I have read that SACHS makes the 2010 clutches. Also, as of lately has anyone had any luck with getting Ford to replace your clutch under the TSB while your car is out of the drivetrain warranty? Mine has an AUG 2008 build date, so it just past the 5 years but still under the mileage.

phinhead34

Established Member
I had no luck when mine went out. My car had just over 10k. It is a wear item was Ford's excuse. Other people have had luck though, guess it depends on the service dept. good luck

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The Ford unit is a Fidanza. That one isn't it. Buy a McLeod RXT and be done with it.

Zemedici

Established Member
^^this

And its worth a shot to get it warrantied. I know when I was a writer I replaced a guy's clutch on his early boss, and he was at something like 40k miles, and car was modded to hell. We'd rather do the job than not, ya know?

Walk2Much

Established Member
The Ford unit is a Fidanza. That one isn't it. Buy a McLeod RXT and be done with it.

Could you tell me what the difference is between the RXT and RST? I see that they're rated for different HP, and really doubt that I will ever have my car near the 800 HP mark let alone 1,000 HP. Also I only drive it on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread