Clutch.. Yes again

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I know there are many "What is the best clutch" threads. I have 1800 miles and my factory clutch is slipping like crazy. I have Ford ESP and it will cover it , my issue is I don't want another factory one. I have read the threads. I keep seeing post from center force. It looks interesting but never many details specific to our cars. What I am looking for

1. A clutch to handle factory or a little bit more
2. Easy installation, no shimming or replacing factory cylinders, basically a unbolt and bolt back up
3. Close to factory feel as possible

Are these things even possible. I have new tires and it is hooking now but the slipping is more obvious. I would like to do the install myself. I don't trust dealers and I want to install my shifter at the same time. This is why I am looking for a clutch that is basically a factory replacement.

Center force if you post in here please go into specifics rather than leaving platitudes and a video.

Thanks for any input

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
What mods do you have or have planned? My stock clutch is still holding @ 33,000 w/ mods.

I have no mods. Other than the Toyo Tires. I don't know why my clutch took a dump. I don't have any planned. I like the car as is. After reading about some others issues I think I will keep it that way

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Let Ford replace it for free imo. You can always pay for one down the road. I'm at 25k miles and original clutch.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Let Ford replace it for free imo. You can always pay for one down the road. I'm at 25k miles and original clutch.

I may do that. I know some may feel it is driver error. I don't think so.. I have driven manual cars a long time and know the proper techniques. I have had issues sometimes starting with the 3:31 gears but never had any burning of the clutch. I just notice it more I guess now that the tires actually hook. maybe it has always slipped

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
If I was paying for it I would go aftermarket but since you have an ESP and don't plan on modding I would let Ford replace it.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
If I was paying for it I would go aftermarket but since you have an ESP and don't plan on modding I would let Ford replace it.

Yeah that may be best.. I have a great dealer for service.. but I have trust issues when it comes to my GT500 ..

If people don't mind.. I would still like to hear info about the clutch options incase I want to just do the upgrade

phil123

Established Member
Mine stock clutch lasted about 25K and they replaced under warranty. New one has 2 or 3K now and feels much better than the original, lower engagement and not as stiff. Unless you are going to do a lot of modding why not give a free replacement a try.

Speedboosted

Established Member
RXT, but I don't know if I still like it. Some drive awesome, some don't. Spec is another option, my boss has experience with those and he's on the fence. I think he prefers my RXT but his Spec is rated for more. I'd just have the dealer replace it with a better factory part

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
RXT, but I don't know if I still like it. Some drive awesome, some don't. Spec is another option, my boss has experience with those and he's on the fence. I think he prefers my RXT but his Spec is rated for more. I'd just have the dealer replace it with a better factory part

I have read about the RXT.. question about that one for me is.. does it require a slave cylinder replacement or is it a direct replacement. I am trying to find out what clutch is least invasive as far as just putting a clutch in and not having to replace anything other than the clutch and flywheel.

railroad

Established Member
I have no mods. Other than the Toyo Tires. I don't know why my clutch took a dump. I don't have any planned. I like the car as is. After reading about some others issues I think I will keep it that way

Do you have the over ride spring removed.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Just got my test drive in for my RXT sprung hub clutch. Drives like stock no chatter whatsoever. If you do go aftermarket I would seriously look at this clutch. You use your factory flywheel and slave. I changed out my pilot and slave while in there though.

Users who are viewing this thread