CNN ratings

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Brad, I am planning on flying more in the future overseas to travel and just want to be prepared......lol........you know what us retired people are like.......oh right not quite yet for you....lol.
Few years yet buddy, but I can attack my 401 soon. lol

mariusvt

Established Member
CNN is on all the screens playing news in the federal building I work in.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That's right you are in those between ages. I transferred my 401K two years ago into Vanguard where I manage it.
Still have a year and change, but it's been rocking. I honestly will probably work till 65 god willing. I'd go stir crazy at this point. I can't sit still and just watch tv.

MFE

Established Member
Less then a million viewer per week? How the hell are they still on the air. There are better am radio stations ratings then that, I believe.

That's average program viewership for all programs Mon-Su, not their cumulative total (cume) audience for the week.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Still have a year and change, but it's been rocking. I honestly will probably work till 65 god willing. I'd go stir crazy at this point. I can't sit still and just watch tv.

Lol.....wish I could sit and watch TV but been busy going room to room and freshening them up with paint and updates for when I am ready to sell. Did a bathroom and 2 bedrooms so far among keeping up my acre of lawn outside. The one thing I hate about summer is all the lawn mowing......lol.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
That's average program viewership for all programs Mon-Su, not their cumulative total (cume) audience for the week.

Understand. That is not a lot, since it is mainly just streaming the same crap 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Remember, CNN is also on in doctor's offices, health clubs, bars, coffee shops and other restaurants.

MFE

Established Member
You guys are focusing on year-over-year declines, which is misleading. July 2016 was a bit of an anomaly due to the Republican Nat'l Convention, which drove larger viewership. Take that out, and 2017 is UP 60% from July 2015. Also higher than 2014 and 2013 ratings. Again, no ****s given here for CNN, just looking at the bigger picture.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Holy crap... I just realized that I have not watched CNN in almost 27 years. I think they have sucked since they got caught faking being in a missile attack in Saudi Arabia in 1990. I guess Fake News habits die hard.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Remember, CNN is also on in doctor's offices, health clubs, bars, coffee shops and other restaurants.
Doctor's offices make complete sense as it ensures they will be treating patients with claims of feeling physically ill, possibly even vomiting, right before being seen.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

04MysticCobra

Established Member
^^^Lol......None of my doctor's or dentist has CNN on in their offices. If they did I would not use them and find other doctor's.

quad

Established Member
Simple Ted Turners money. And the ability too move money from TBS and TNT into the Titanic of television to keep it afloat.
Ted Turner sold CNN - its not his money anymore.

I called DIRECTV and demanded they take CNN off my programming. They said they couldn't do it and then gave me $25 off per month for my troubles.
Trump has destroyed CNN and they ain't ever coming back.
LOL - I'll have to try that.

But I don't think the current owners of CNN really care about ratings. Their main goal is to continue their propaganda and brainwashing. And since the channel comes bundled with cable they get revenue regardless of ratings. Which you found out when you tried to unbundle them. I don't think DirecTV cares either that they had to take a $25 loss. Controlling what's being broadcast is far more important to them.

CNN was destroyed by the assholes that bought CNN from Turner. The same type of assholes that run the FAKE MSM in not just the USA but all over the world. CNN is not the only fake news organization. Sweden, Britain, Germany, France - they all have them.

CNN was much more balanced in the early days. But it really is a good development. The more bias they show the more people wake up and realize how the media in the West is controlled propaganda.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/ted-turner-regret-selling-cnn-article-1.1186719

Ted Turner says that he now regrets selling CNN, and losing his share of the company was the worst day of his life.

“It was,” he told Charlie Rose Thursday on “CBS This Morning.”

Now, as the network weathers low ratings and speculation that former NBCUniversal chief Jeff Zucker might take it over, Turner said if he was still in charge, he would make changes.

“I’d like to see more emphasis, myself, on hard news and international news and a little less fluff. But, that's just me,” he said.

Users who are viewing this thread