Cobra b-head intake on C heads

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Na svt was working or something. Don't have the link off hand.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

00_silvergt

Established Member
I can't remember at the moment. But something doesn't line up with the cobra intake manifold when you try using the continental adapters. And Todd is working on an adapter for 96-98 cobra upper lid to bolt on a 99+ lower intake(i think)

Svt Fox

Established Member
I think it would be cool to run the cobra b head intake on a c head engine. I think it looks better than the c head intake manifolds and it will kinda stealthy...

Svt Fox

Established Member
Thanks for posting up a link. I wish I had a C head lower to mess with, I'd take the bull by the horns and attempt to make my own adapter.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Thanks for posting up a link. I wish I had a C head lower to mess with, I'd take the bull by the horns and attempt to make my own adapter.

I've made an adapter from wood and it works, the problem is finding someone to water-jet it.

CJK440

Established Member
I can't remember at the moment. But something doesn't line up with the cobra intake manifold when you try using the continental adapters. And Todd is working on an adapter for 96-98 cobra upper lid to bolt on a 99+ lower intake(i think)

I think the conti had round/round manifold ports. Not sure if those adapters can be opened up to match.

CJK440

Established Member
They have a cast b head style intake with c heads.

Yes, but I think both ports on the intake manifold were round like the old mark intakes. Cobra b has one round one square.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Svt Fox

Established Member
Yes, but I think both ports on the intake manifold were round like the old mark intakes. Cobra b has one round one square.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I looked at my old imrc's of off my mark viii and they are two round ports on top and round & square on the bottom.

Based on what you said, I believe it's the same except the bottom is a C-head port.

CJK440

Established Member
I've made an adapter from wood and it works, the problem is finding someone to water-jet it.

Water jet? In my mind the adapter should be milled to match the ports on both ends.

But then again, I am not familiar with the capabilities of water jet. Can it cut a tapered port??

Svt Fox

Established Member
I have a line on some flat stock aluminum 1/4" thick. I haven't heard back from na svt yet. I may just attempt this on my own. I am going to start looking for a c head lower.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I have a line on some flat stock aluminum 1/4" thick. I haven't heard back from na svt yet. I may just attempt this on my own. I am going to start looking for a c head lower.
1/2" stock is required for the adapter.

Water jet? In my mind the adapter should be milled to match the ports on both ends.

But then again, I am not familiar with the capabilities of water jet. Can it cut a tapered port??
the upper adapter requires no angled cuts.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member

NA SVT was talking about getting the adapter made to install the B head intake lid on a C head lower intake.

Users who are viewing this thread