Cobra badge on a mustang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Triisomy21 said:
Edit: I got :burn: 'ed so I decided not to. Enjoy your fast cars.

Do what you want. I wouldn't put it on unless you have the matching bumpers and hood. Don't let what someone says on here stop you from what your vision of your car is.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I prefer the horse emblem up front over the snake :shrug: . . . . .that makes me an outsider doesn't it????

;)

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
do whatever the **** you want with your car, and don't listen to all the other idiots. i have an '87 GT that has cobra and 5.0 emblems on the side. sure, some will say why put the cobra emblems on the car if its not a cobra, but its my car, i can do whatever i want with it. why put a cobra bumper on your car if its not a cobra, why put a saleen wing on your car if its not a saleen, why put cobra R rims on your car if its not a cobra R???
i'm not trying to pass the car off as a cobra, and anyone who really knows something about cobras would recognize my '87 GT with t-tops as not being an authentic factory '93 cobra. i bought the badges because i liked the way they looked and my car has essentially a '93 cobra motor in it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
kirks5oh said:
do whatever the **** you want with your car, and don't listen to all the other idiots. i have an '87 GT that has cobra and 5.0 emblems on the side. sure, some will say why put the cobra emblems on the car if its not a cobra, but its my car, i can do whatever i want with it. why put a cobra bumper on your car if its not a cobra, why put a saleen wing on your car if its not a saleen, why put cobra R rims on your car if its not a cobra R???
i'm not trying to pass the car off as a cobra, and anyone who really knows something about cobras would recognize my '87 GT with t-tops as not being an authentic factory '93 cobra. i bought the badges because i liked the way they looked and my car has essentially a '93 cobra motor in it.
Fobras suck.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
i put cobra emblems on my 6 cylinder mustang, along with a front cobra bumper and rims. No one knows cause i dont really race but do what you like. I also have a 97 cobra so having what looks like 2 cobras in my driveway is pretty cool.

MarlboroMan

Established Member
Youre gay for even thinking about it. Kidding. Do whatever you want man like others said. Maybe its not cool. But who gives a flying f*ck what other people think. I wouldnt do it. But if you dont mind peoples smack,then go for it.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Its your car and do whatever makes you happy. But atleast you took the time to post in here to see what the general opinion is. Might be happy initially but after all the crap you would get for it would you then be happy? If your trying to impress people..impress those who are worthy like the people in here with real cars also. So that would be a "NO" on the Cobra badge. Dont try to impress those with weaker cars that think you would be kewl for doing it-shane

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
nobody ever talks smack to me for having cobra emblems on a non-cobra, so do what you want, and don't worry what others think

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Hey man i wouldnt do it....keep the GT looking completly stock then you can suprise people

and its a GT so keep it a GT

BelvedereGTX

Banned
black01mustang said:
I dont get the whole dont put cobra emblems on a gt. How many people put saleen stuff on a non saleen car.
Why not put saleen crap on a regular GT. Hell Saleen has been doin it for years. There is nothing special about them but a body kit. Saleen = Gt with cheap body kit. Cobras are a League of their own

kennycoulter

Established Member
how about the older shelby knock offs that people make, or the gt350r. its all in the family. i dont see a problem with it. just dont put a chevy 350 in it.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
if you want a cobra so bad, sell your Gt, get a loan and buy a cobra :idea:

Why'd you buy a pre-05 Gt anyway?!?! Spending all that hard earned coin just to get killed by an Ls1 everytime you leave the driveway :burn: j/k

but seriously, there's nothing worse than a psuedo-SVT :nonono:

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
Triisomy21 said:
...Enjoy your fast cars.

:nonono:

Quit crying and make your shit fast. Modding is what Mustang ownership is all about. :beer:

TO_04Cobra

Established Member
I say "No". I am of the mindset that prefers a car to look less and perform more. I always get a chuckle out of the kids who attempt to make their base car look like the performance model... the best laugh is the BMW drivers who slap "M" badges all over them and remove the model # (that's a sure sign the car is a base 320 or 525)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread