cobra blower on a mach?

xsvtcmex

Established Member
Can Someone Help, I'm Buying A Whipple For My 03 Cobra And I Was Wondering If My Dad Can Install The Eaton On His Mach And Still Use His Shaker Hood.hope This Question Is Not To Stupid. :??:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i'm pretty sure it isn't a direct swap but there are others on the board that would know for sure....ttt for ya

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
It is very probable the Eaton can be installed on your father's Mach but it will render the shaker useless. You might want to contact Eaton for specifics on the installation. If a KB can be installed on a Mach so can an Eaton.

Just a note: There will be many things that will need to be changed on your father's Mach to accept the blower, fuel pumps and injectors are one of them. :)

Last edited:

IZZY

Established Member
Orangeblast did the Eaton conversion on his Mach. He informed me that he was unable to retain the shaker.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
It would take some one-off fabrication to mold the shaker over the blower. But it would only be for show, not that it basically isn't anyway.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I think you need a whole new lower intake, and a host of bolts, brackets, etc. It would probably end up being less of a hassle (maybe equal/less cost) to just buy a blower that is Mach 1 specific.

xsvtcmex

Established Member
Thanks For All The Replys, I Think It Would Be Easier If He Just Bought A Vortech For His Mach, It Seems Like He Would Spend The Same Amount Fabricating With The Eaton.

Orange Blast

Super Cobra Jet
Established Member
Conversion

The Shaker will not mount up with the stock Mach-1 brackets to the Cobra engine. You would at the very least have to modify the shaker and its brackets. Big clearance issues! I have studied the pics from Classic Design Concepts. They seperated the top portion of the shaker scoop and fashioned a new lower catch box to route the plumbing to the factory air box.
I have done basically the same thing except that I permently mounted the shaker top half along with the rubber seal to the inside of the hood. This allows cool air to flow over the supercharger. I added the Cobra front bumper cover and used the brake cooling duct to ram fresh air to the filter box that way.

Last edited:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
It can be done. Here is proof. I win. :lol:
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/one_of_kinds_archive/mach_1.html

Seriously the shaker wouldn't help anything with regards to the blower. I personally recommend the JLT CAI. Anyway Orange Blast has installed an Eaton on to a Mach 1. There are also a few guys with 99/01 cobras who have done it. Orange has a list or every part needed to complete the Eaton install with ford part numbers...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59468&page=3&pp=40

99whitecobra99

Established Member
xsvtcmex said:
Thanks For All The Replys, I Think It Would Be Easier If He Just Bought A Vortech For His Mach, It Seems Like He Would Spend The Same Amount Fabricating With The Eaton.

OrangeBlast said it cost him approximately $2800 for all the parts, including the '03 Front Bumper(Painted) to accept the heat exchanger. He aslo said he paid $1000 for the intake and such but he had one that he could have bought for $550 so that would take the price down to $2350. With Mach 1 blower kits going for $5900 and up. It is a very nice way to go if you have the time to buy all the parts. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread