Established Member
did your gasket do this????

DSC02578.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'd say you overtightened it a bit.

I worked mine in a cross pattern and torqued them; while first making sure the gasket was seated and staying put.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
He might not have over tightend it! When I did the testing on the gaskets about 10 years ago. I seen the same thing on my Camaro.
I'm sure Bob knows what happened!

Tim

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Mine does not look like that at all. I just made the bolts snug. And i dont believe the shift stop should be used.

Last edited:

tonypipes

Established Member
Mine did the same thing I was there when the mechanic was tightening it down and it was nice and easy, I think as the bolt was turning it caught the gasket and ripped. He was using an air ratchet but slow, maybe next time a little lube on the bolt and no air tool. RTV and all is good my MGW is quiet anyway. I still think the gasket is good idea I`ll buy two next time.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
COBRA bobs would never do that. I have always wondered though, if you couls stack 2 on top of eachother to make it thicker... :shrug:

Thicker is not tihe answer! Trust me I did lots of testing before I did the story with 5.0 mag.

Tim

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I also think it looks like it was overtightened. I used locktite on the bolts on mine to keep them from loosening over time.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am going to go with heat, looks melted to me as well. You may want to check your transmission fluid.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread