Cobra Car Cover

Black'03GT

Established Member
Search is amazingly down and it's getting to be that time of year where the weather gets nasty and the car gets put away for the winter, so I would like a good recommendation for a quality car cover.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
California Car Covers are great. Blue Sky covers are great, too. There are others as well. You have a variety of models depending on your needs. Believe it or not I used the Blue Sky cotton flannel lined cover from my old '94 Z-28. Fit 99% perfect. Even the side mirrors matched the cover pockets perfect.
http://www.calcarcover.com/
http://www.bigskycarcover.com/catalog/index.asp

Recommendation: Unless you're going to remove your antenna, cut a hole in the cover for it. You can buy grommet kits (for canvas) that you can easily install around the hold so that it doesn't tear. I did it and was so happy I didn't have to keep removing my antenna every time I wanted to put the cover on.

Jpjr

Established Member
car covers are so much damn money. i bought a $30 one from meijer and my car was soaked this morning after a rain. i'd like a better one but just don't want to spend the money. would make a great x-mas present though :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jpjr said:
car covers are so much damn money. i bought a $30 one from meijer and my car was soaked this morning after a rain. i'd like a better one but just don't want to spend the money. would make a great x-mas present though :)
Which is why I kept my Camaro cover when I sold the car. It was great being able to use it for my Cobra. Too cars for the price of one. LOL!

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
For those that dont want to invest in a good cover because of expense...

i dunno...but i paid 39k for my car and i dont mind paying a mesely 200 bucks to protect it when im not using it.

buying a cheapo cover is actually worse than no cover at all....holds in the rain and can damage your paint job if left on too long. plus..the cheapos for under 100 bucks arent made of top quality materials and could scratch the car as well.

i wish i could keep my car in the garage but all my parents cars are in there and they are more expensive so im outside. therefore...the cover i just ordered cost me 220.00 bucks to protect my car from the snow and rain and pollen and shit!

Black'03GT

Established Member
I just looked at Big Sky, California Covers, and Autosport. I was looking at the NOAH fabric. Calif Covers and Autosport are both over $200 while the Big Sky is $160. Is there any dramatic difference between them? I want something that is good for Indoor or Outdoor use. Is there another fabric besides NOAH that is better?

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
04TRCobra said:
For those that dont want to invest in a good cover because of expense...

buying a cheapo cover is actually worse than no cover at all....holds in the rain and can damage your paint job if left on too long.

I bought a cheap cover for my 65 GTO years ago.I had it covered all
winter long, then in the spring, I found that water had imbedded into
my paint job and ruined it permanently. :cryying:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Black'03GT said:
I just looked at Big Sky, California Covers, and Autosport. I was looking at the NOAH fabric. Calif Covers and Autosport are both over $200 while the Big Sky is $160. Is there any dramatic difference between them? I want something that is good for Indoor or Outdoor use. Is there another fabric besides NOAH that is better?

Take a look at car covers made by CoverCraft. Here's a link to a HUGE amount of information about all the fabrics you mentioned, plus more. They actually have an application guide as well, to help you determine which fabric would suit you best. Here's the link:

CoverCraft Car Covers on properautocare.com

I plan on getting myself a custom-fit CoverCraft car cover with the Weathershield HD (Heavy-Duty) fabric ($359.95) or just the Weathershield fabric ($269.95) sometime before winter REALLY sets in.

They're guaranteed for life too :thumbsup:

Read up on each type of fabric, then read the application guide, then go select the cover that suits you best.

I have heard nothing but good things from the people on Autopia (www.autopia.org) about these car covers. :rockon:

Let us know what you decide to go with :-D

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
I bought the cheapo cover because my car is about to be garaged for the Winter. I don't need anything more than a dust cover for indoor storage.. but the one I bought happened to be advertised as 'storm-proof'. I knew it really wasn't.. but am still not thrilled about dumping $2-300 into a car cover. I would rather just pay for storage.

Black'03GT

Established Member
I looked at Covercraft. Now I can't decied between NOAH and Weathershield. Which one will provide better protection against dings?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Black'03GT said:
I looked at Covercraft. Now I can't decied between NOAH and Weathershield. Which one will provide better protection against dings?

Where are you going to park it that you have to worry about dings? Just curious.

As far as an answer to your question. I would venture to say Weathershield protects better against dings. I remember someone on Autopia mentioning something about a very soft, almost padded underpinning to the Weathershield car covers. Don't quote me on it though.

There's a FAQ page for Weathershield (http://www.properautocare.com/weatfaq.html) on the page I linked earlier. Check out this page (http://www.properautocare.com/selectingcover.html) because it has a lot of people asking questions about which fabric would work best for them. I'm sure you'll find one situation that almos matches yours exactly. :thumbsup:

Let us know what you decide :rockon:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Just found this on the applications page:

http://www.properautocare.com/selectingcover.html said:
I'm looking for an indoor only cover to keep on a second car in the garage. I have some young children in my family that are constantly scraping against the car getting their bikes and skate boards in and out. Do you have a fabric that is scratch and bump resistant?
A: Here's one of those applications I was talking about where a less expensive fabric is actually better than a more expensive fabric. I would recommend our EVOLUTION material for this person. This is a 4-ply, extremely tough material that cushions against dings, bumps and punctures.

Black'03GT

Established Member
I plan on keeping it in the garage but want to have the option of parking it outside as well. I'm worried about someone in my house brushing up against it, hitting it with garbage cans, opening a car door into it, and who knows what else. I think either the NOAH or Weathershield is best for me. I'll probably end up going with the Weathershield.

All the companies listed have the same kinds of fabric options. Is one brand significanly better than the other. For example is the Covercraft Weathershield cover different than Big Sky's Weathershield cover?

Jpjr

Established Member
VintagePorscheG said:
Meijer - $29 soft cover.

3rd car garage - $7500 when the house was built

cost of parking it in grandmother's empty garage for the winter.... priceless.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Black'03GT said:
I'll probably end up going with the Weathershield.

All the companies listed have the same kinds of fabric options. Is one brand significanly better than the other. For example is the Covercraft Weathershield cover different than Big Sky's Weathershield cover?

I have heard nothing but good things about CoverCraft's car covers. And they have been around for quite a while. I say go with them. I will be :thumbsup:

Remember... In almost all cases... You get what you pay for :thumbsup:

Orange Poison

Established Member
ah man....you need the Stormweave from Calif. Car Cover. It is badass, will not scratch your car, and has a 4 yr warranty. I have it for my truck and it is awesome!

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
One of the Noah's has a 4-layer dense micro material that is suppose to be dent proof...for what its worth...its about 250.00

www.forspeedy.com

take a look here guyz...they got LOTS OF COVERS! and options such as color and decals. lol

Users who are viewing this thread