Cobra got used in an American Muscle ad!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
:lol: No lie, I literally went into that thread and copied his statement and was going to post it in this thread. Didn't want to chance an infraction though lol.

Hopefully you know I wouldn't have given you an infraction for it. Like I said up a ways, I don't think my Cobra is anything special from any other 03/04 Cobra. I do work hard to keep it clean (she lives outside next to the daily drivers), and for me, seeing it used like this is pretty cool. I have no objections to them using a pic they took of it at their show. Hell, I'd have no objection to them using a pic I took of it and sent them.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If your talking about your old Terminator - I agree with you. If you talking about your current 5.0 then meh...

I kid. I see both sides of it. Normally I would say yes, should get paid, but AM does their fair share to give back and support the Mustang community and a strong community and strong aftermarket benefits us all.
What difference does it make with either car? It all depends on what you like Some people like Cobras, some like the newer cars. Some like both. (me)

I have never used AM nor would ever buy from them. So I can easily say no, I am not interested.

Photography is always taken for granted. They did do the correct thing by ASKING first. If you use someone else's photo's for ANY business that makes money, they are 100% liable. If they do not ask, then it is stealing and punishable by law.

I have had my photography used before without my permission so I have an issue with it.

Doug felt OK with it so he did it. That's his decision and I respect it.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Thanks everybody! I didn't post this to start e-arguments on the site, as we are all going to have different opinions, and that is cool with me. If we all agreed, then we would all be boring ass people. It is American Muscle's photo, and it is theirs to use as they please. If the photo had been taken by me, then I may have an issue with its use without my permission. But again, their photo entering their show, so zero issues by me. I actually appreciate the exposure of the car.

Sirraf

Established Member
My car is faster than everyone else's in this thread...guaranteed!

Users who are viewing this thread