Cobra injured, what would you do?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
definately, definately file a police report. that is why i carry a zero dollar deductible on my comprehensive insurance from state farm. it is FAR more likely for my cars to be vandalized causing damage, than for me to be in a collision. as long as you don't abuse it, your insurance should not go up.

i had some dickhead key my '87 stang about 9 years ago. my insurance needed a police report # in order to process my claim. you'll likely be out whatever your deductible is.

95 cobra vert

Established Member
Yeah i know i should have let blowing the stop sign go, and after this im sure next time ill know a little better than to chase them down seeing now what can happen ( and i know it could have been worse) and make sure to get the plate numbers. But you think putting in a report to the police will help? I dont know much about how they prioritize information they receive and not sure if this would really help them in any way. I guess if those guys did something later and got caught, they could look back and put my story on them too. Im just getting really really tired of people driving like nothing can happen to them and they own the road, next time the person pulling out could not be paying attention and get sideswiped and injured or killed, that just really pisses me off.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Dude, I would think about moving. If they saw you pulling out of your apartment complex and you park your Cobra outside...its not hard for them to find you again.

I would get a new place far away from where you live. Preferably where the people aren't crazy and armed.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I keep a 21" Extendable Police Baton. Not very intimidating but when you it someone with it, they feel it. Fortunatly I have never had to use it, other than hitting my friends for being dumb. I am first off, not old enough to carry a gun, and I would never keep one in my car, what happens if the car gets stolen and the gun with it? Just keep some non-lethal object that you can use.

Last edited:

fejwe

Established Member
I'm not into guns, nor would I encourage a fight--I always think it's better to avoid fights if possible. I do, however, keep a 4-cel maglite in each of my cars. Nice to have if you have to look under the hood at night, and not a bad deterrent if you need one. Plus, totally legal and inexpensive.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
I agree with South NJ Stang carry something in your car that works. Personally I would have done the same thing you did, Im not saying thats what is right and im not saying that it was smart but I would have chased them down and gotten their plate, exchanged words and left. At least now you have a story when someone comes up to you asking what happened to your cobra! :beer:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
As for what you should have done...you should have called the cops. Having a CCW is great, but for all you know, one or more of those guys could have also been armed. I admit that I have chased people in the past, but I try to remember that what happened to you is in the relm of possibility, and I don't do it very often anymore. Chances are if the guy was enough of a dick to run a stop sign then get angry at you for being in his way, he's not an honest citizen to begin with (ie, likely a criminal).

Texas laws are similar to Florida..i honestly wouldnt be suprised if he could have gotten out of the car and shot the guy with the knife approaching him. all you have to feel is some threat to your life. actually i bet just that kid threatening him and beating his car might show intent to harm.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
You need to file the police report for the insurance company, not so the police will hunt down the offenders. The insurance company is very likely to ask for one when you make your claim.

As far as, "what would I do..."
I also would have chased them down - sorta. Taking it across the curb could have potentially damaged your car. I would have pursued them just long enough to get the plate number, and then backed off and filed the police report. Nowadays it's too dangerous to chase down nimrods like these guys and confront them (even with a firearm), but you do need to protect yourself for insurance purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread