Cobra Jet springs...!

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
Does anyone have any pics of their car with cobra jet springs? Please post if you do... A before and after pic would be nice... How much does the cobra jet spring drop your car? How much better are the springs than factory? Either I'm gonna put cobra jet springs in and run a drag radial or eibach pro kit and run a slick... Pros & cons of both please?

rodfarva

Established Member
I don't have any before pics, but here are some with the Cobra Jet Springs. The difference in the weight transfer is night and day. The back seems to sit about 1/4-1/2" lower than stock and the front sits about 1-1.5" lower than stock.

(The pic in my sigline was actually with Eibach Sportlines)

GREAD_LMTrackDay-3490_Web.jpg

GREAD_LMTrackDay-3492_Web.jpg

GREAD_LMTrackDay-3495_Web.jpg

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
I've been thinking about trying the springs but wonder if I need to chang the fronts as well or just the backs. What are they like on the street, it says drag racing only.

rodfarva

Established Member
They seem fine on the street. I wouldn't try carving any corners with them, though.

DMotorsports

Established Member
Well if they stop my driveshaft from rubbing and help my car launch it will be well worth it. Did you also do the front ?

Yeah, I did both front and rear. I'm not sure if it will help your driveshaft rub. Just a thought: which bumpstops are you running? If they're shorter than stock, they will let the driveshaft rub more on full compression.

Blackmax

Established Member
Yeah, I did both front and rear. I'm not sure if it will help your driveshaft rub. Just a thought: which bumpstops are you running? If they're shorter than stock, they will let the driveshaft rub more on full compression.

Thanks for replying, I need to get the bumpstop relocate brackets on to make sure my bumpstiops are hitting for starters. I like the look of the Cobra Jet spring and am going to try leaving my fronts in.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
What settings are you running on your D specs with those springs ??

I just put my cobra jets springs on

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
No but you should..

You do know that the fronts are mustang gt springs and the rear are v6 springs right?

There is nothing special about these springs buy for some strange reason this combination on our cars works...

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I've run 1.6 60 foots with the pro kit but it's hard... I'm usually in the 1.7 range and this is on drag radials

F8L SN8K

Established Member
No but you should..

You do know that the fronts are mustang gt springs and the rear are v6 springs right?

There is nothing special about these springs buy for some strange reason this combination on our cars works...

Nothing strange either. Mustang racers have been using these set-ups for years. On the fox body cars we used 4cyl springs. On the SN95 worked great with fox springs. Usually would work better then drag springs most of the time and could easily be had for free as people who were more concerned with looks then going fast.

Form follows function to some. To others compromise is needed/wanted. To some it's all about form.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Does anyone have any pics of their car with cobra jet springs? Please post if you do... A before and after pic would be nice... How much does the cobra jet spring drop your car? How much better are the springs than factory? Either I'm gonna put cobra jet springs in and run a drag radial or eibach pro kit and run a slick... Pros & cons of both please?

You will need to decide what your goal is for the car.

If you are wanting a street car that corners well and has the looks then I would go with that suspension. (FRPP/eibach)

If you are just wanting a street/strip cruiser then the cobra jet springs and adjustable shocks is pretty good.

It's all in what kind of compromise you are wanting. Handling, straight line, street civility. Unfortunately can't have them all. Judging by options you are considering, ultimate E.T. is not your main goal. Both of your suggestions will get you about the same results at the dragstrip. Both are compromised at the strip and the handling is compromised with one also. What's the goal and personal taste is the question you will need to ask yourself.

scmustangs

Established Member
What part number is everyone using for the springs? 2008 CJ (M-5300-Q) or 2010 CJ (M-5300-R)? Thanks.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Most on here are using the Qs which gives you the racked stance. The Rs are the "enhanced" stance. This keeps the car low front and rear. It all depends on each car complete set-up to know which spring set works best for you.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
For the best of both worlds use a regular lowering spring and some Tokico D specs. On loose they will let you transfer like a mofo and on tight you can enjoy the on ramps on the way home....

Users who are viewing this thread