COBRA R, how much is it worth?

yellow unicorn

Established Member
hi guy's
the 2000 cobra R has 1900 original miles, one owner, fully documented, etc....
is there anything i should look out for?
thanks

PODUCTION NUMBER # 130 OF 300

Last edited:

Philcsag1

Established Member
hi guy's
thanks

Question?

Are you the seller or the buyer?

If you are on the buying end of the stick be coy and work on getting a bargain!

With money being tight today, I say those with cash in hand are in a position of strength.

$25k to $30 K is a steal (Unrealistic)

$30K to $35K low end of realistic

$36K to $37.5K very realistic

$40K or more you paid too much

Realize that 9 year old tires need to be replace and the Fuel Cell is a ticking time bomb

Each of the above will set you back $1200 to $1800 each.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Question?

Are you the seller or the buyer?

If you are on the buying end of the stick be coy and work on getting a bargain!

With money being tight today, I say those with cash in hand are in a position of strength.

Realize that 9 year old tires need to be replace and the Fuel Cell is a ticking time bomb

Each of the above will set you back $1200 to $1800 each.

Post the build number on here so those who have kept track of known history can check their documentation for you. They may have nothing on this specific car, but maybe they do?

R

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Question?

You will have to bump up your prices by $5k to even be close to the current market.

$30k to $35k is a steal & unrealistic
$35k to $39k is a damn good deal but unlikely
$40k to $43k is the average market on a 2,000 mile stocker
$44k to $46k is a little high but not stupid

I get tired of peple saying the economy is so bad and you should be able to steal items now..... the only places that are in a bad state of economics are the people that lived way outside their means trying to keep up with the jones's. The average american is just as well off as they were a year or two ago. Jan & Feb '09 were the best two months for car sales I have had since last summer... and I see tons of cars everyday with "buyer tags" on them going up & down the street. The media likes to way over hype the situation making everyone believe the world is coming to an end as we know it. The media is the biggest terrorist organization in the world... the taliban & osama bin laden have nothing on the american media.

bearsnake

Established Member
You will have to bump up your prices by $5k to even be close to the current market.

$30k to $35k is a steal & unrealistic
$35k to $39k is a damn good deal but unlikely
$40k to $43k is the average market on a 2,000 mile stocker
$44k to $46k is a little high but not stupid

I get tired of peple saying the economy is so bad and you should be able to steal items now..... the only places that are in a bad state of economics are the people that lived way outside their means trying to keep up with the jones's. The average american is just as well off as they were a year or two ago. Jan & Feb '09 were the best two months for car sales I have had since last summer... and I see tons of cars everyday with "buyer tags" on them going up & down the street. The media likes to way over hype the situation making everyone believe the world is coming to an end as we know it. The media is the biggest terrorist organization in the world... the taliban & osama bin laden have nothing on the american media.

Very well said...

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
^^^^^have you seen your 401k lately? The ave. american, which probably is the middle class, is getting their asses handed to them and the ave. american are not buying used 2000 Cobra R's.

sean2e

Established Member
yeah lol idk what youre talking about but i lost money...and i dont mean spent it

twinvipers

YOU LOST,DON'T BE A BITCH
Established Member
Just sold about 10 o f my cars in the past 2 months. There are still people with money willing to pay for the RIGHT cars.

rwhite

Banned
......There are still people with money willing to pay for the RIGHT cars......

Like retired :thumbsup: engineers who had most of their 401K out of their companies hands before they retired (called “in service rollover, investigate it, if your company allows) and took their money and ran when they retired (aka into safe CD's, Gov't bonds, etc.) and are sitting on the sidelines until most likely 2010 at the earliest and, of course, collecting toys for fun...Thanks Jeff.....:banana::banana::banana: !

BTW, Jeff, my Jeff is up there until Tuesday visiting a friend :-D: -p :p he met when he was up there....

twinvipers

YOU LOST,DON'T BE A BITCH
Established Member
Like retired :thumbsup: engineers who had most of their 401K out of their companies hands before they retired (called “in service rollover, investigate it, if your company allows) and took their money and ran when they retired (aka into safe CD's, Gov't bonds, etc.) and are sitting on the sidelines until most likely 2010 at the earliest and, of course, collecting toys for fun...Thanks Jeff.....:banana::banana::banana: !

BTW, Jeff, my Jeff is up there until Tuesday visiting a friend :-D: -p :p he met when he was up there....

Glad you guys love the car soooo much. Have fun with it.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
If you gotta whine about the stock market.... its adjusting to where it should be. Eliminating the absurd growth that it saw in such a short time. The stock market is back where it was 6 years ago.... So all these people that lost soooo much money in there 401K etc etc... in most cases lost nothing but the absurd growth that their portfolio saw. I bet in alot of cases their initial investment is still there.

It would be like me having this happen: I gave $25k for my 93R 7 years ago, the car today is selling for around $70K.... if next month its value dropped to $30K... I have not lost a dime, I just have a lost opportunity of $40k not a real money loss.

I do not feel sorry for people that made good money and spent what they made playing big shots. They should have paid off all their debt and lived within their means. If they had..... the house would have been paid for, the credit cards would have been paid in full monthly and they would have had cash in savings for that "rainy day".

sdfrog177

Established Member
If you gotta whine about the stock market.... its adjusting to where it should be. Eliminating the absurd growth that it saw in such a short time. The stock market is back where it was 6 years ago.... So all these people that lost soooo much money in there 401K etc etc... in most cases lost nothing but the absurd growth that their portfolio saw. I bet in alot of cases their initial investment is still there.

It would be like me having this happen: I gave $25k for my 93R 7 years ago, the car today is selling for around $70K.... if next month its value dropped to $30K... I have not lost a dime, I just have a lost opportunity of $40k not a real money loss.

I do not feel sorry for people that made good money and spent what they made playing big shots. They should have paid off all their debt and lived within their means. If they had..... the house would have been paid for, the credit cards would have been paid in full monthly and they would have had cash in savings for that "rainy day".

Well put..... This country has gotten to soft in the last decade, people need feel to feel hunger pains again. Seems like this current society has turned into a bunch of victims lately, expecially in southern California....zero accountability for ones actions. Ok now back to the OP's original topic, its been said before, supply and demand and what ever someone is willing to pay. This will be more apparent as time goes on with ALL the R model cars. A 1963 Z06 (not a R but for 1963 a limited run of the best high performance model chevy had to offer) sold for a little over 1 mill the other day at the Macom (sp?) auction. They made 199 of those cars that year. Between 60-80 left today in decent condition from what I have read.

Last edited:

totheduals

Established Member
hi guy's
thanks

I see your from Canada. Last I heard the 2000 Cobra R did not meet Canadian Saftey Standard and they will not let you insure it!
Maybe some private ins. company will but you won't be able to drive it. Not that you will. If its going into a collection then I guess you don't have to worry.
:-D

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
^^^^^have you seen your 401k lately? The ave. american, which probably is the middle class, is getting their asses handed to them and the ave. american are not buying used 2000 Cobra R's.

But this fact^^^^^^does not seem to affect everything and everyone. You are right, the average American is not buying a 2000 Cobra R, only a select few, and only the fewer of the 300 that are actually for sale. There may be some owners out there who "need" to sell their Cobra R (of any year) for a low price at this time for reasons of their own, but most that I see for sale are not meeting reserve, which means that the buyer/bidder, who "really" wants a Cobra R is going to have to shell out some more coin "if" they really want a Cobra R. I am not seeing many sellers repeatedly listing their Cobra R over and over, dropping the price with each auction. The more realistic thing is that they are "testing" the current market. If it does not meet their reserve, back to the garage it goes.

The nice thing that many are now realizing......if their car investment does drop "somewhat", no big deal, they still have their car. On the other hand, the ones who were deeply invested in the stock market, well, they have a portfolio showing "what was to what is", and "is" is not pretty.

R

Last edited:

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
The average american is just as well off as they were a year or two ago. Jan & Feb '09 were the best two months for car sales I have had since last summer... and I see tons of cars everyday with "buyer tags" on them going up & down the street. The media likes to way over hype the situation making everyone believe the world is coming to an end as we know it. The media is the biggest terrorist organization in the world... the taliban & osama bin laden have nothing on the american media.

Wow ,internet ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Car dealers here are like ghost towns. Try telling the 600k people that lost their jobs last month that its just a media conspiracy.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Wow ,internet ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Car dealers here are like ghost towns. Try telling the 600k people that lost their jobs last month that its just a media conspiracy.

Local Ford dealer here is busy as can be, selling lots of trucks to contractors and cars to people with good credit.

Restaurants on Sat night - Longhorn, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees's, etc. - 1 - 1 1/2 hour wait.

Two local ten screen movie theaters just two towns apart - packed on the weekends.

Have to agree with Cobra186 on this one...

r82of250

Established Member
Local Ford dealer here is busy as can be, selling lots of trucks to contractors and cars to people with good credit.

Restaurants on Sat night - Longhorn, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees's, etc. - 1 - 1 1/2 hour wait.

Two local ten screen movie theaters just two towns apart - packed on the weekends.

Have to agree with Cobra186 on this one...[/QUOTE

Local Ford dealer here(SW Fla, home of the foreclosure) is sucking the big weenie, sales and service. If your local economy is going good, head to church and pray it stays that way 'cause it ain't good everywhere!

Really hated to say that, I'm normally a VERY positive person, but reality is what it is.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member

I'll explain my statement to the 1 st grader, 'cause I do not live in ignorance.... I believe if the media would shut the hell up and talk about "other things of supposed interest" rather than everytime you turn on the television/radio/newspaper that the next great depression is upon us, the markets are unsteady, the housing market is doomed, banks are going to colapse etc etc etc. that people would ultimately have kept buying/building/producing. When people are scared on a daily basis that they could be the next homeless person.... the first thing they do is quit spending their money, they pull money out of banks and sell off stocks etc. so they can be "safe" ( just like the media tells them to do). Well, then the ball just got rolling and the trickle down/up effect takes place....... people quit spending money, which cause the business to go broke, which causes employees to get fired, which causes the bank to have to repo houses/businesses/cars, then the bank fails due to the enormous debt that it just took on from all these foreclosures. NOW we are really f'd..... cause people are jobless, homeless,and broke.

The media is the exact definition of a terrorist organization: a group that spreads fear and causes havoc due to that fear.

Now tell me the american media is not a big contributor to the bad economy that it kept flaming the fire.

I never said that the economy was great in every state or area.... but I can tell you that I sell a lot of my vehicles to out of state & overseas buyers. In the last couple of weeks I have shipped vehicles to Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, Pennsylvania, California, Poland, Finland, Sweden and Australia. I have had numerous calls in the last week from people in all areas of the nation looking to purchase vehicles.

The places that seemed to have the worst economy fall into 2 groups mainly:
1) The " had to keep up with the jones'" that way over paid for homes & lived outside there means.... Florida, Arizona, California
2) Industrial Areas due to the back lash from the lack of spending of the american public.

The old adage: "You got to spend money to make money" will alwasys hold true and is so true on many levels.... you spending money makes other people money which in turn pays your paycheck. Break that chain and what do we have... a broken economy

Users who are viewing this thread