Cobra R Splitter & Trailer

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Hello R People-
I have an '01 Cobra with a Steeda R Splitter and coil-overs and it is a pain in the butt to load on my open trailer. I have been useing 2x10x16' wood ramps in conjunction with my steel 8' ramps to get it on the open trailer without ripping off the splitter. Has anyone found a short step type ramp that works with the splitter?
Thanks for any advice!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Its easier on a '00R to take the splitter off while transporting than messing with the secondary ramps everytime. Its just easier to load & unload as well as tie down with the splitter totally out of the way.

You might look into some of the aluminium folding ramps that are offered for loading ATV into trucks.... but you'd def. want to check weight capacity!

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Thanks-
I used to have the Ford Splitter, but after reinforcing it so it didn't shake my fenders and bumper cover off, the damn thing got ripped off on a man-hole cover. I went to the Steeda piece and the only downside is that you can't remove it, otherwise it takes a beating pretty well.
I'll keep looking for some aluminium type ramps. :read:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
VENM said:
Thanks-
I used to have the Ford Splitter, but after reinforcing it so it didn't shake my fenders and bumper cover off, the damn thing got ripped off on a man-hole cover. I went to the Steeda piece and the only downside is that you can't remove it, otherwise it takes a beating pretty well.
I'll keep looking for some aluminium type ramps. :read:

Clay:

Just have Marv crank your front coil-overs up a few inches and you won't have this problem?!? :poke: ;-)

Ok, seriously now. When you load the car crank up the front of the trailer with your trailer tongue jack. That will reduce the grade going onto the trailer.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Bruce-
I thought you would tell me to hit the ramps at say 15mph or so... :burn:

That may help alittle bit, thanks! I'm sure if I got one of them fancy enclosed trailers it would help also? Oh hunny...

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
Well, you could air the tires up to 80 or pounds!! Scott, ps, i doubt Bruce would mislead you!! :poke: Scott

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
check with local motorcycle/Harley shops for the ramps.

I've also seen some on ebay in the past

Users who are viewing this thread