Cobra R type front splitter for 03/04. Who is interested? Guaging interest for mfgr

Are you interested in a Cobra R splitter for the stock 03/04 bumper?

• Yes, very interested

Votes: 111 41.4%
  • Depends on how it turns out

Votes: 95 35.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 57 21.3%
  • Looking for a different style

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
mustang_cobrar_front.jpg

I have contacted a friend of mine with the desire to have a Cobra R type front splitter that will mount on the stock front fascia of the 2003/2004 Cobra. I know quite a few of us have been waiting for something along these lines to become available.

His company does a lot of custom work with Carbon Fiber.

Carbon-Werks (www.carbon-werks.com) is located in the Los Angeles area.

He says they will be able to make one in carbon fiber as well as possibly in urethane, fiberglass, or other materials.

Once a test car is volunteered, work could start as early as January.

I'm trying to guage interest amongst the crowd to convince him its worth undertaking as well as starting sooner.

03CobraBro

Established Member
If its reinforced and it fits without any ammount of jamming involved, I'd deffinatly concider getting one. First things first... I think the R chin spoiler is very sharp, secondly it'll provide a good deal of down force without having a wing sticking up out back like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
PM sent, I will be the test car:thumbsup:

Sweet. I'd be the guinea but I need my DD:mj:

Any other suggestions for pieces in general they'd like to see for the Cobra in CF or other material? I suggested replacement heat shield for Steeda/PHP cold air kits to decrease the heat in CF.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
far too low for my lowered beast

I imagine since its gonna be fabbed for our bumpers specifically that the stock black rubber chin can go bye bye and the new splitter can be changed in dimensions from the "R" model?

predator

Established Member
I would be interested. As it was mentioned....it should be engineered to withstand the beating from high speed O/T. The stock stuff DOES NOT hold up unless some serious reinforcing is done. Might check with some Cobra R guys for their interest too.

As far as anything else...brake cooling ducts, air box, hood, truck lid. I know some others are doing some of these, but it never hurts to have more products to choose from.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Sweet. I'd be the guinea but I need my DD:mj:

Any other suggestions for pieces in general they'd like to see for the Cobra in CF or other material? I suggested replacement heat shield for Steeda/PHP cold air kits to decrease the heat in CF.

How about a grill insert? Iv been wanting something to keep rocks from flying into the radiator.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
How about a grill insert? Iv been wanting something to keep rocks from flying into the radiator.

What kind of insert? I can't think of anything that wouldn't block airflow? :shrug: Unless you're thinking of a grille?

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
What kind of insert? I can't think of anything that wouldn't block airflow? :shrug: Unless you're thinking of a grille?

Like a Speed grille, like a honey comb grille (grille grill :shrug: ) Something to atleast resist small rocks from becomming inbedded into the radiator.

Sluggy Snake

Established Member
The sides of the bumper look like the same profile to me. The only difference would be the lower middle portion. Perhaps it is not much different fitment wise than 01 kind.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Keep in mind that if you took an 00R splitter and modified it to fit an '03 fascia--as some have suggested before--that it will ride closer to the ground than if it were attached to a 00R fascia on the same car.

In other words, the 03 fascia comes further down on the car than a "splitter-less" 99 thru 01 fascia ( I know because I put an 00R fascia and splitter with my '03.)

I'd much rather keep my '03 fascia over the 00 though. The 00R fascia's lower opening isn't as big, so the intercooler doesn't get as much air with it.

03 DSG Snake, If you guys make a splitter for the '03, I'll be all over it. Count me in.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
There is some guy around my area that has a Black 03 with that hood. It looks amazing! But does that de-flower the 03 because you take away its signature hood?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have the R wing in my garage. I'd like the hood, however it creates a small gap with the top of the front bumper.

Also, without vents, won't it negatively affect engine cooling?

The only solution I've seen would be an aftermarket that is pre-cut, or taking a dremel to the "gills" on the FR Hood? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread