Cobra R type front splitter for 03/04. Who is interested? Guaging interest for mfgr

Are you interested in a Cobra R splitter for the stock 03/04 bumper?

• Yes, very interested

Votes: 111 41.4%
  • Depends on how it turns out

Votes: 95 35.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 57 21.3%
  • Looking for a different style

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
03CobraBro,

That pic looks bad ass. That makes me want one even more.

The Steeda car looks like ground clearance is ok, even though the car is lowered quite a bit. Maybe with cars with stock height or close to it will not have too many problems unless going speed bump hunting.

Maybe I'll call and see if they have anyone that knows about that car. Too bad the holidays are around the corner. Maybe they'll be open tomorrow? :shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
03CobraBro,

That pic looks bad ass. That makes me want one even more.

Thanks.

Yeah well see what I mean about how well the R cover would accent the 03's rear spoiler... I think it would make the car look really sharp. :coolman:

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Ok here's what I came up with... (Dont laugh at my shitty photo shop, its my first and quite half assed.)

VERY NICE...If it looked like that
I woudl save up for one !:thumbsup:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
The word is that the Steeda pic above is a one of a kind. they tool an 00r Splitter and cut it to fit. They said it was a major PITA. Someone also said that if you look closely at it, it doesn't really fit will, and that it looks bad up close.

I test fitted a 00R splitter to my 03, and it looks like it would take A LOT of cutting to make it fit.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
The word is that the Steeda pic above is a one of a kind. they tool an 00r Splitter and cut it to fit. They said it was a major PITA. Someone also said that if you look closely at it, it doesn't really fit will, and that it looks bad up close.

I test fitted a 00R splitter to my 03, and it looks like it would take A LOT of cutting to make it fit.

But thats the thing... This company 03DSG is talking about will design an 00R replica splitter to fit our 03's. There shouldnt be any cutting involved because it will be made specifically for our cars.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Looking to replace my front bumper with an 00R type bumper. To add the total R look to my 03. Just have to be even more cautious since I have a tendacy to run over things with my bumper.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Can't say I really like the Boss splitter.

**Update** The manufacturer is currently looking into seting up a price range and time table for the splitter for us. I have already made sure ground clearance is one of the first issues to be adressed.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
I can't believe no one has made one of these yet. You would think Cervini's or Steeda or someone would have made one by now. Chalk it up to the old "Go Figure" column I guess.

Let me state again...I am VERY in.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
I can't believe no one has made one of these yet. You would think Cervini's or Steeda or someone would have made one by now. Chalk it up to the old "Go Figure" column I guess.

Let me state again...I am VERY in.

I'v been wondering too. I mean geez, they made more 03's than any other production year for the Cobra, you'ed think this one would be getting alot more attention in the aftermarket. Then again I guess in respect to the large scheme of things 13,000 supercharged DOHC 4.6'es with different front fascia's Vs the hundereds of thousands of other new edge models running around out there, they would get more attention than we would. I dont know :shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by Team Shinoda
I can have one built with no problem and it will attach under the bumpr with nut and bolt so it is removable and fit perfect send me an enmail if interested [email protected]

Are you talking about the one Shinoda currently offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread