Cobra R type front splitter for 03/04. Who is interested? Guaging interest for mfgr

Are you interested in a Cobra R splitter for the stock 03/04 bumper?

• Yes, very interested

Votes: 111 41.4%
  • Depends on how it turns out

Votes: 95 35.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 57 21.3%
  • Looking for a different style

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

racebronco2

Established Member
i don't think it is a good idea to have the splitter re-inforced too much ...have you seen what it does to your car if you hit something ... i know someone who hit a cone at an open track event and it buckled both front fenders ... it would be better for it to break-away ... maybe in 2 pieces ... right and left sides so in case you did damage the splitter it can be repaired without damage to the fenders

maoun

Established Member
racebronco2 said:
i don't think it is a good idea to have the splitter re-inforced too much ...have you seen what it does to your car if you hit something ... i know someone who hit a cone at an open track event and it buckled both front fenders ... it would be better for it to break-away ... maybe in 2 pieces ... right and left sides so in case you did damage the splitter it can be repaired without damage to the fenders

i'm confused. the splitter damaged their fenders? um, isn't a splitter only attached to the bumper??

please explain, this is interesting

thanks!

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
That would just be the lip in carbon fiber :shrug: If thats the case Ill be over that like white on rice :thumbsup:

1stanguy

always lookin for a race
Established Member
Here is a pic of it.
0304CobraSplitterLG.jpg

Last edited:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
just keep in mind that the stock 00r splitter flops around like a sumbitch and that the front bumper cover really isnt set up to transfer downforce to the chassis. its held on with plastic clips.

also note that front splitter and rear wing are a pair.

would also like to see it more functional and less bling. bring the ground effects up into the wheel opening.

racebronco2

Established Member
splitter is attached to the bumper cover ... bumper cover is attached to the front fenders at the wheel well .... she was on track and by hiiting a cone the front of the airdam/ bumper cover was forced down in the middle causing the rear of the air dam/bumper cover up in the rear and that caused the front fenders to buckle .... i know that a few race shops have the carbon fibre pieces underneath the airdam so that when and if they hit they just break off ... and yes they do go thru alot of carbon fibre pieces on a weekend

marcul29

Established Member
I have one in my car right now I do have pics BUT i just don't know how to uploaded into the website, what I did was custom fitted to the 03 bumper I just bought the regular cobra R splitter and don't like the steeda one it looks to square for my taste.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
marcul29 said:
I have one in my car right now I do have pics BUT i just don't know how to uploaded into the website, what I did was custom fitted to the 03 bumper I just bought the regular cobra R splitter and don't like the steeda one it looks to square for my taste.

Email them to [email protected] and i can host em

sckcobra

Established Member
i think all that shit should stay where it belongs~ ON A 2000 R! i think the 03 04 cobras should look the same as they did coming off the showroom flooR! :bash:

marcul29

Established Member
I was wondering if anybody will be interested in A TRADE OFF for your OEM bumper I think I'm going with a different look plus I already sold my cobra R spoiler too. please if anybody is interested in trading bumpers let me know at [email protected] you can PM or call me at (619) 249-1384. My car isn't in San Diego right now actually I hasn't been driving for almost 5 months, is in Pryor, Oklahoma at Induction Concepts shop getting some shit done.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
marcul29 said:
I was wondering if anybody will be interested in A TRADE OFF for your OEM bumper I think I'm going with a different look plus I already sold my cobra R spoiler too. please if anybody is interested in trading bumpers let me know at [email protected] you can PM or call me at (619) 249-1384. My car isn't in San Diego right now actually I hasn't been driving for almost 5 months, is in Pryor, Oklahoma at Induction Concepts shop getting some shit done.

How did you get the Cobra R splitter on the stock 03 bumper anyways?

marcul29

Established Member
if you would of have the 2000 cobra R spliter and try to mounted on your 2003 bumper it just won't fit as nice as the 1999-2001 cobra BUT that's where modifications such as cutting,trimming,will do. 1rst you have to take the plastic buttom part of the bumper out say good bye to that ,cause with that in there it just won't fit, but is OK ,cause one's you get the spliter in there there is no way you could see that. Pretty much you have to custom fited to the 2003 bumper. is kind of hard to explain BUT again I'm trying to sell my for a OEM cobra bumper if anybody is interested I'll could take more pics, I think is a good deal for whoever is considering doing this mod. just the cobra R splitter itself I believe is like $425.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread