Cobra R type front splitter for 03/04. Who is interested? Guaging interest for mfgr

Are you interested in a Cobra R splitter for the stock 03/04 bumper?

• Yes, very interested

Votes: 111 41.4%
  • Depends on how it turns out

Votes: 95 35.4%
  • No not at all

Votes: 57 21.3%
  • Looking for a different style

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Shinoda

Established Member
no I am saying i can have our fiberglass guys do a knock off of the y2k Cobra r splitter that will attach where your current black piece is if you guys are serous about buying them

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by Team Shinoda
no I am saying i can have our fiberglass guys do a knock off of the y2k Cobra r splitter that will attach where your current black piece is if you guys are serous about buying them

I believe that the seriousness has been proven. Just don't get crazy on the price or the seriousness will fall by the wayside.;-)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Here's an update from my supplier:
Estimated cost will be at about 1k, with an ETA not anytime soon due to relocation of shops. Looks like we can count that out, at least for a while.

Team Shinoda, as you can tell by the poll, there is plenty serious interest in an item like this.

Gives us an idea of what you can do and how soon you could do it.

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Any updates Team Shinoda? I have been interested in this product for 2 years now... I will definately buy it. Problem is, with whats currently available, the products are just not sturdy enough. With the speeds these cars are capable of, I need to be able to stand on the damn splitter before I will buy. If I can attach the splitter to the car and stand on it, I'm sold. I have seen the R splitters ripple like the sea...

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Here's an update from my supplier:
Estimated cost will be at about 1k, with an ETA not anytime soon due to relocation of shops. Looks like we can count that out, at least for a while.

Team Shinoda, as you can tell by the poll, there is plenty serious interest in an item like this.

Gives us an idea of what you can do and how soon you could do it.

1k? I had a heavy duty fiber glass shaker hood made for my R/T and a good paint job for alittle over 1000 dollars... Paying that much for a chin splitter is alittle steep.

03CobraBro

Established Member

Sounds good to me.

predator

Established Member

Anxiously waiting!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
1k? I had a heavy duty fiber glass shaker hood made for my R/T and a good paint job for alittle over 1000 dollars... Paying that much for a chin splitter is alittle steep.

Exactly. Thats why I'm unfortunately filing this as a No-Go.

Hopefully Shinoda will realize the market for such a product amongst the 03s and get somethin goin :D

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by GordsFord
Has anyone tried fitting a Mach 1 chin spoiler to our 03 Cobra's. I've thought it work.

Gord

There are a few who have done it I beleive. As far as thats concerned I think its just a matter of swapping the black peices underneath the fascia.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I'll have to buy one and try it. I think for high speed track work it should provide some slightly better aerodynamics because it presents a bit of a forward jutting lip. more like a proper splitter.

However, it may just fold back underneath from the air pressure!!

Gord

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by GordsFord
I'll have to buy one and try it. I think for high speed track work it should provide some slightly better aerodynamics because it presents a bit of a forward jutting lip. more like a proper splitter.

However, it may just fold back underneath from the air pressure!!

Gord

From what Ive seen, it comes up a few inches to short towards the fenderwell (the chin spoiler stops short of where the bumper ends in front of the wheel) on both sides by about an inch?

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Marwane...ah! My new business partner. Read my thread. Did not see this one. Great minds think alike. Let's do it and be done with it! PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread