cobra r

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Welcome!

John,

Glad to see you on the forum. We met at SAAC-28. I had the "R" race car. I'm having so much fun with it, I think I'll keep it for a while. I just bought new tires for it, I'm getting a new seat, and seat belts. I'm heading for MAM in Aug. for much fun.

Last edited:

cobrarj

Established Member
glad to find the site trying to find it a while got the info in Hallett from Tom Thanks Very informative site about the Rs

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
John:

Welcom to the site. You will find an outstanding group of guys hanging around here.

Love the Pantera you have! :D

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

cobrarj

Established Member
Gene

Tried to call you again from gulfport but my cell phone was on the dead side still looking for a 95 R car for my son and I to modify looking at one in particular have to get back with the guy he doesnt know if he really wants to sell I guess he feels like all of us about their cars hate to let them go. Will see you at some of th e events . PS by the way thanks Brian for conecting me up

cobrarj

Established Member
Bruce

About the Pantera ran it at Hallet last year almost lost it brake fluid was boiling no brakes learned a lesson use theAte Brake fluid dry boiling point536 wetBP 392 not too expensive for good fluid but well worth it

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
John,

Welcome to the list. Glad you made it.

I got an email from Robert Cobb, the guy from Houston with the 95R for sale that pitted across from me. Did you ever talk to him?

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrarj
I own # 10 of 250 John Lemoine Marksville. La.71351
John,

This is too wierd man?!! I was just trying to call and email you today!! I got your name from Steve Broussard of Lake Charles LA who said he met you at the FFW in Houston last year.

Please email me at [email protected].

I'd like to extend an invitation for you to join us in College Station for an open track event.

Great to have you aboard!!

So, how often do you drive #10 ??

Andy M

Established Member
Re: Bruce

About the Pantera ran it at Hallet last year almost lost it brake fluid was boiling no brakes learned a lesson use theAte Brake fluid dry boiling point536 wetBP 392 not too expensive for good fluid but well worth it
John,

You have a Pantera too?? when did you run at Hallet?? I was there for the Porsche Club MayFast event this past May... we also went to the same event last year at Hallet. That sure is a fun track!! Probably my personal favorite out of all the tracks I've been to.

cobrarj

Established Member
college station Andy

Andy I did meet Brousard in FFW in Houston couple of years ago Is he going to college station how far is it from Houston what part of Texas is it in. I will look to see what the dates are My car has only 640 miles . Need to drive it more put I know that when I will start running it at the track its a gone chicken it will catch hell so I am trying to find another one to modify with roll cage and the steeda 5 link system and more modifications to attend the events Shelby meets and other tracks we hve a Track now in Donaldsonvelle La. no problen raceway very nice the Porshe and Corvette Club out of neworleans rent it on weekends. If you are anyone know of a Modified Cobra R for sale similar to Tom Shepard I would appreciate the Information. Thanks glad I found out about this site.I know it will be helpful to all the R owners John

Andy M

Established Member
John,

The track event is being hosted by the SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) and you get information and registration at the following link:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3833

Email me for further information....

[email protected]

TWS is in College Station which is located about 1 hour and 15 minutes northwest of Houston. It is a great track and we expect to have a ton of fun. THere will be at least 5-6 2000 R's on the track and it sure would be nice to have a 95 in the mix with us!!

I spoke with Steve a couple of days ago and he said he was not sure if he could make it a the moment, because he has a trial in Lafayette starting that same week. But he said he would try.

We also talked about meeting up in Lafayette at some point to do a cruise.

I've heard of the track you mentioned... I think Joe Johnson and I will have to make a road trip to go and run over there at some point?? what is the web site for them?? have a schedule of events?? have you ever run the R there?

600 miles huh?? Dude, you need to get out more!!;-) My R has over 13K miles on it, with almost half of that on the track!!! And I am loving every minute!!

Email me.... we need to find a way to hook up soon.

by the way, I am originally from Lafayette. Went to high school at Acadiana (class of '76) and then graduated in Electrical Engineering at USL in 1988. Have been in Houston since '91.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Re: Bruce

John:

A guy that has fast cars and actually drives them on the track!! :burnout:

I think you're going to fit right in here!:beer:

PS old brake fluid, not good; right now I'm using Castrol SRF (way overkill AND way expensive!) I will be switching over to Valvoline Syntech Synthetic as soon as I run out. The boiling point numbers are very impressive and it is real affordable stuff!

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Re: Re: Bruce

Originally posted by ac427cobra
John:

A guy that has fast cars and actually drives them on the track!! :burnout:

I think you're going to fit right in here!:beer:

PS old brake fluid, not good; right now I'm using Castrol SRF (way overkill AND way expensive!) I will be switching over to Valvoline Syntech Synthetic as soon as I run out. The boiling point numbers are very impressive and it is real affordable stuff!

Bruce,

You might check about using synthetic brake fluid. I raced with owners of Classic Tube and Stainless Steel Brakes('97-'99), and in conversation, I mentioned that I had syn. brake fluid, and they were very adamant about how UNSAFE syn. fluid was for RACE cars. Something about molecules braking down. I changed as soon as I got home to DOT-4. Is there something new out?

kevin

I own # 10 of 250 John Lemoine Marksville. La.71351

you sent me a pm. when i replied it bounced back as undeliverable. either way, it wasn't me that had the info you were looking for. sorry.

cobrarj

Established Member
Brake fluid

Abjout the brake fluid when I almost lost my Pantera in a spin at Hallett last year at the Mid America Shelby convention I call Deennis Quntella at Pantera Performance and he is constantly running his car very hard if anyone of you have ever seen him run and he reconended to use the ATE Brake fluid Super Blue can be purchased at any Autosope Shop in Dallas the number is 214 320 8280 call them you wont be disa ppointed.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Bruce

Originally posted by Cobra R Man
Bruce,

You might check about using synthetic brake fluid. I raced with owners of Classic Tube and Stainless Steel Brakes('97-'99), and in conversation, I mentioned that I had syn. brake fluid, and they were very adamant about how UNSAFE syn. fluid was for RACE cars. Something about molecules braking down. I changed as soon as I got home to DOT-4. Is there something new out?

Gene:

Thanks for the heads up. I have not heard that but I will definitely be keeping my ears open regarding brake fluid. It seems kind of unusual that the synthetic oil can take a much higher temperature than regular oil can? Why wouldn't the brake fluid be able to do the same thing? Who knows? The Syntech may be a blend and I will have to check it out a little closer. I put it in my Navigator when I flushed the system and did a brake job.

I have more than enough of the Castrol SRF to get me through the remainder if the season. I like to keep the system flushed after a hard weekend at the track.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
brake fluid

I have used almost every expensive brake fluid in race cars, but seem to have the best luck with Ford's HD fluid for $5 a can. I bleed 'em after every hard run and flush the system before each race.

P/S You can't go fast with your foot on the brake:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread