Cobra rental

coop33

Established Member
Hey guys, kind of an odd question but has anyone rented out their car??

Reason I ask is i'm planning a bachelor party for my buddy and wanting to get him into one. He sold a full bolt on Mach1 a few months ago and wants to go fast again. Mach wasn't crazy fast but it ran. He's always wanted an 03/04 Cobra so I thought it would be cool to get him set up in one for an hour or so in the DFW area.
Take it easy on me with the roasting lol.. I can already imagine the comments coming!

Last edited:

Mulldune

Established Member
uhm no,I would never consider this.Anyone thinking of the ol' Hertz Shelbys?

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm gonna go ahead and say if y'all don't have a friend with one, it ain't happening. Unless Treynor buys one and decides to let the less fortunate abuse it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will rent you mine. 500 dollars a minute. I will even drive it up to dallas for you

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I will rent you mine. 500 dollars a minute. I will even drive it up to dallas for you

I accept your contractual offer under the laws of Hong Kong and wish to seek 60 minutes with your vehicle on a roadway of my course.

I will meet you in Dallas at your convenience.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm gonna go ahead and say if y'all don't have a friend with one, it ain't happening...

Ya, this. And even then, there are only a handfull of my friends I would trust to take off in my car without me closely observing. If I had a modded 03/04, that list would be down to about 3.

Devcon 7

Established Member
There have only been two people to drive my car, me and the previous owner. I know what my friends would like to do if given the opportunity to drive it...

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
If the insurance covers it, then I wouldn't have an issue with it.

One question though, if he's a friend why would he have to pay to borrow a car?

Kiohtee

Established Member
If the insurance covers it, then I wouldn't have an issue with it.

One question though, if he's a friend why would he have to pay to borrow a car?

Because OP doesn't have a Terminator. I read it that way at first as well.

coop33

Established Member
Correct, I don't have a termi. Insurance would definitely be in place. Thanks for the suggestion of renting a vette/gt. I wouldn't ask the owner to leave us with the car, the owner would be part of the hour. I would just rather give an individual money rather than a corporation. We have friends em, just cool to be around different cars from time to time. Anyone have any connections with an exotic car rental shop?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Renting a new 5.0 would be a ton easier and they are just as fast or slightly faster than a stock terminator. I doubt anybody would let a stranger drive their twin screw cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Allowing someone to take a short "easy" test drive is one thing (and that's rare), but renting one where the driver will be able to see what it can do just won't happen. For obvious reasons. Going through an exotic car rental firm (figure spending at least $300.00 for one day) is your best option, unless you can talk him into thinking a test drive at a dealership (Z-06) is actually his present. LOL!

Here's a link to get you started. Corvette Z06 Coupe Rental: Rent a Corvette

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Corvette in Dallas rents for 399 a day. baseline porsche 799 and it goes up from there. for 299 you get a dodge challenger LOL.

Allowing someone to take a short "easy" test drive is one thing (and that's rare), but renting one where the driver will be able to see what it can do just won't happen. For obvious reasons. Going through an exotic car rental firm (figure spending at least $300.00 for one day) is your best option, unless you can talk him into thinking a test drive at a dealership (Z-06) is actually his present. LOL!

Here's a link to get you started. Corvette Z06 Coupe Rental: Rent a Corvette

coop33

Established Member
Rubenk & CobraBob thanks! That sounds like the best option based on all the feedback. My original post may be silly but i'm not silly enough to try to negotiate a twin screw car. Post was mainly geared at the more common cars that aren't showroom cars.

LOL at a Dodge Challenger! RDJ, they want $300 bucks for that big boat?? No Thanks!!

I found Groupon paired with a company here in DFW to rent a Gallardo for an hour for $119. Looks like the route i'll pursue. Thanks again guys

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
hahaha rent a challenger for $300... if im going to rent a boat i'd like it to atleast be able to float

so_r_crazy

Established Member
There is a new site where you can rent other people own personal car for a few hrs to a few days. I just recently saw it in the news here in Houston. Its supposed to be all over the US.

For example one guy had a nicer Benz that he would rent out for $50 an hour and another had an SS for like $23 an hour. Guy with the SS was currently out of work and looking to help make a little cash to pay for the car.o

Apparently the website the cars are rented through include insurance in the per hour rate.

Www.relayrides.com

Not sure if you will be able to find a cobra through.

Sent via talk to text...mistakes expected.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread