Cobra stalls when coming to as stop

Fooj

Established Member
Weird issue Ive been battling since i got the car. It happens at weird time, usually its when i am at a drive through and i leave placing my order once i craw to the window the rpm will bounce and it dies. It will happen sometimes at lights too it doesn't like coming to a crawling stop ha.

I have cleaned the MAF sensor, replaced the IAC, reset the computer and replaced plugs. I am not sure what else i can look at or for?

hotcobra03

Established Member
This is a common issue over the years.

Some were pcm related.

For me. I Drive a lot 422k now

Pcv valve made it change.

Few years later I was having other issues.

I replaced coils and after I noticed the stall issue was gone

Coils aren't cheap to just throw them in

Ford racing had a set of 8. Than for 200.

Fwiw the issue I had to change coils was car was getting hard to drive
Misfiring and jerking
Never got any codes for bad coil

Testing , I found a local member who had a set of coils to try first

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Is the car tuned? I ask because mine used to do this on occasion. Usually it would be during decel from 40-45mph, throw the clutch while slowing to make a turn, and half way through the turn she'd puke. Perfect time to lose power steering. lol Ever since my latest tune, zero issues.

Fooj

Established Member
So the car is tuned i have a KB 2.8 Mammoth and all the supporting mods for this blower. I posted in another thread about getting retuned so they can check it the idle table is set right. The car was tuned by street leathel back in 2012.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Make sure you tell them about the issue. If you can datalog you can check IAC duty cycle. Friend of mine has a stalling issue. Turned out his throttle body needed a tweak. Made a quick adjustment and it's been fine since.

Last edited:

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Make sure you tell them about the issue. If you can datalog you can check IAC duty cycle. Friend of mine has a stalling issue. Turned out his throttle body needed a tweak. Made a quick adjustment and it's been fine since.

Also log idle air integrator. That will tell you if the computer has to learn/compensate from where it should be. It should be sitting close to zero. The throttle position should be set to give you zero at hot idle.

Users who are viewing this thread