Cobra stolen and wrecked

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Friday night around 2:00 when I was asleep in my house someone stole my Cobra. I guess they didn't know how much power it had, b/c they wrecked it into a yard about 2 blocks from my house. I think they came in my house and got the keys somehow b/c my set of keys is missing, and my roomates are known for leaving one of the doors cracked b/c it is hard to get shut. The Cobra is pretty ****ed - the front bumper is ripped off and it looks like the control arms are bent along with a lot of other underbody damage. All the tires are flat and the rims are bent. Both airbags went off. The worst part about all this is that I'm only 20 and I had been drinking earlier that night at a party. So my roomate comes home from the bar around 2:30 and wakes me up and tell me my car is down the street in the lawn. He calls the cops even though I tell him to wait until the morning so I don't get an underage. The cops show up and immediately accuse me of wrecking my car and fleeing the scene b/c they could tell I had been drinking. They brethalize me, and my roomate and my g/f who was staying with me both get underages. The cops were total dicks. Instead of being sympathetic, they do everything they can to incriminate me, including saying that a small cut 1/2cm long on my right hand from the day before was proof of an airbag abrasion. Three male suspects were seen fleeing the scene, and my g/f was with me all night and has long blonde hair. No way she could be mistaken for a guy. None of us had any signs of being in a crash except for that tiny cut on my hand. Then the cops cuff me and take me in for blood testing under "suspicion of dui". When they're taking me out of the house, my g/f throws a hooded sweatshirt over me to keep me warm. It was washed earlier that day and hadn't even been worn. The dick cops said that it smelled like airbag residue and that it was proof I was driving. When I told them it was just cleaned they basically told me to **** off. They also found my spare set of keys in my room and said it was proof nobody stole the car. When I told them it was my spare set and I couldn't find my real set they told me to **** off again. Anyways just figured I'd share this story with you.. got my favorite thing in the world stolen and wrecked for absolutely no reason and instead of being treated with sympathy I was treated like complete shit and now I have to go to a hearing for DUI. :bash: :bash: :fm:

BTW I didn't drive to or from the party that night.. a friend of mine who is 21 drove us and brought us back. He is willing to testify to this.

verbal

Established Member
You might want to check in the Donut Shop forum but I am pretty sure that they will not be able to convict you of a DUI even if you did crash the car. They have no way of proving that you were drunk driving. They may get you for the underage though. What part of PA are you from?

1SVT2NV

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. That being said, I can definitely understand why the police would think you did it. They shouldnt have been douche bags to you but your story has loads of reasons why you would have done it. I'm not placing blame on you just looking at it from a different angle. That being said, once you are at home and you are drunk, you are safe. You can always argue and say you got drunk at home and the police have no way of disproving that.

Last edited:

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Verbal thanks I'll make a post about it in there. I'm from Camp Hill, right by Harrisburg, but I go to school in Williamsport.

1SVT2NV I understand where you're coming from. Even I know how it looks.. the car is very close to my house and I had been drinking. If I was a cop I would probably be thinking the same thing. Where I had a problem with them was when they just outright lied to me and tried to create evidence that wasn't there.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
That sucks to hear. i highly doubt they'll find the people that did it too since they are already blamming this all on you. Would the police go as far as looking for forensic evidence in the car? Or did they just rule out that some one could have taken it.

mlambert

camaro is hard to spell
Established Member
I think just about any cop wouldve done the same thing. The way you told the story on here makes it sound like you did it and are trying to cover it up.

shame shame

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
No offense, but the circumstantial evidence makes it look like you did it. As mentioned above, if it wasn't you, look for blood or other proof that someone else was driving your car. I'm not saying your story about someone coming in and stealing your keys isn't possible but it is very weak.

You need factual proof besides any testimony you get from friends. The cops will think they are lying to protect you. You should also watch it because they could turn around and hit your 21 y. o. friend with contributing to the deliquency charges.

When I was a kid, I found my best friend's car crashed into a tree and abandoned. My friends and I looked around, found my friend's girlfriend wandering the streets in a daze with no clear story on what happened, and finally found my friend in the back of a squad car at a strip mall. He had just finished reporting his car stolen. The cops didn't buy it.

sb03cobra

Established Member
Were your keys in the ignition? Really hard to believe that somebody would break into your house to get the keys and steal your car! What about your roomates?

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Ya got good and bad cops just like in all walks off life. There just trying to do there job by sweating ya. Don't open your mouth even when your inocent is what I say. There job is to bust ya, period. Why give them any info

PDubs

Established Member
Can't they take fingerprints of the door or window? Surely the thieves would have been running fast and grabbed some part of the door/window. That would have been my first reaction.

davbrucas

Banned
no offense, but that is a lame story. even if it is true, the cops are not going to buy it. they have heard it all when it comes to stories. good luck with your court case and your insurance premiums. drinking and driving is bad...umkay?

i am sure that they can tell from the wreck what direction you...er...the perps were traveling when it was wrecked. if the direction was toward your house then you are hosed! :)

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
and my roomates are known for leaving one of the doors cracked b/c it is hard to get shut.... So my roomate comes home from the bar around 2:30 and wakes me up and tell me my car is down the street in the lawn.

Nothing personal, but there is holes all over your story. Above for instance...You say your roomates leave the door unlocked/unshut all the time. But you were the last one home before the robber potentially "walked/broke." Your roomate came home later and woke you up, so it would've been YOU that forgot to lock the door.
Sorry for your loss, either way

Last edited:

Orange Poison

Established Member
It sounds like whoever stole your car "knew" you as they felt familiar enough to enter your pad and "look" for the keys. Maybe someone was trying to play a prank on you and it went bad. I know, me and some of my buds would do that kinda sh%t back in our early days. We never wrecked a car, but more so just f&*k with someone.

Sorry about your car though....

hotrod03

Resident Law Student
Established Member
I seem to remember reading this little thing about presuming innocence until being proven guilty. Yeah what a load of shit that is with the people that seem to already be convicting him. Perhaps if the police actually investigate instead of jumping to conclusions there might actually be fingerprints and other evidence that would corroborate the story. But its not likely that there would be an investigation because the cops have already presumed guilt. And, where does it say that when you are doing your job that you have to be an asshole about it?

Get a lawyer, just like the others said.

Users who are viewing this thread