Cobra stolen and wrecked

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
hotrod03 said:
I seem to remember reading this little thing about presuming innocence until being proven guilty. Yeah what a load of shit that is with the people that seem to already be convicting him. Perhaps if the police actually investigate instead of jumping to conclusions there might actually be fingerprints and other evidence that would corroborate the story. But its not likely that there would be an investigation because the cops have already presumed guilt. And, where does it say that when you are doing your job that you have to be an asshole about it?

Get a lawyer, just like the others said.

He is still innocent-Some people are just trying to prove him guilty. This whole story seems like something I would've made up when I was 20. Either that or his roomate F'ed up his car (while he was wearing his hoodie).

Screamin'SVT

Banned
cobravenom39 said:
Nothing personal, but there is holes all over your story. Above for instance...You say your roomates leave the door unlocked/unshut all the time. But you were the last one home before the robber potentially "walked/broke." Your roomate came home later and woke you up, so it would've been YOU that forgot to lock the door.
Sorry for your loss, either way

Wrong. My house has 2 entrances. You can see in my first unedited post that I said "one of the doors." They are both on the same side of the house. I go out and in the door from the kitchen, but sometimes my roomates go out the door from the living room or open it to smoke a cigarette but don't shut it tight. I did not use or check the door at all that night. Also the door has an old push-button lock above the latch that often gets left open and no one checks it. Not to mention that a lot of times I throw my keys on the coffee table 10 ft directly in front of that door. Thanks for the condolances anyway.

BluePoison you bring up a good point, that has definately been through my mind a few times. Someone I know playing a joke but didn't know not to go WOT in a 500+hp car in a neighborhood and lost it.

Hotrod thanks. At least everyone doesn't have to be a dick. All I can say is that I have confidence it will not go past a hearing because I'm innocent and evidence will prove otherwise. I'm not pathetic enough to do something like that and then come on here and post up a fake story for no reason.

Last edited:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
Wrong. My house has 2 entrances. They are both on the same side of the house. I go out and in the door from the kitchen, but sometimes my roomates go out the door from the living room or open it to smoke a cigarette but don't shut it tight. I did not use or check the door at all that night. Not to mention that a lot of times I throw my keys on the coffee table 10 ft directly in front of that door. Thanks for the condolances anyway.

Dually noted. Your story sounds better now, I hope you told the cops that. I don't know about you, but I have a paging alarm system on my car and I sleep with it under my pillow. I'm not kidding. The other set is in a safe bolted to the floor in my closet. And I only live with my girlfriend.

dr_wheel

Poobaru Driver
wow... just wow. that has to be the lamest story i have ever heard. nice attempted cover up. :loser:

hmwave

Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
He calls the cops even though I tell him to wait until the morning so I don't get an underage

Sorry to hear about the loss/damage but that quote would make me suspicious of the story. What kind of roommate calls the cops especially when you tell them not to?
The whole thing just sounds odd and I can see why the cops wouldn't believe it.

What caused the cut?

And why even share this story?

Last edited:

03Cobra19

Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
Wrong. My house has 2 entrances. You can see in my first unedited post that I said "one of the doors." They are both on the same side of the house. I go out and in the door from the kitchen, but sometimes my roomates go out the door from the living room or open it to smoke a cigarette but don't shut it tight. I did not use or check the door at all that night. Also the door has an old push-button lock above the latch that often gets left open and no one checks it. Not to mention that a lot of times I throw my keys on the coffee table 10 ft directly in front of that door. Thanks for the condolances anyway.

BluePoison you bring up a good point, that has definately been through my mind a few times. Someone I know playing a joke but didn't know not to go WOT in a 500+hp car in a neighborhood and lost it.

Hotrod thanks. At least everyone doesn't have to be a dick. All I can say is that I have confidence it will not go past a hearing because I'm innocent and evidence will prove otherwise. I'm not pathetic enough to do something like that and then come on here and post up a fake story for no reason.

If you're not lying I think this should be an open and shut case. It's gonna be a serious pain in the ass, but the truth should prevail. I still think all signs point to you driving and you wanted to check to see if this forum would find your story guilty. :shrug: good luck.
Thank god I'd never be friends with people who think stealing my car is funny. I'd xxxxin kill them. :fm:

03Cobra19

Established Member
sb03cobra said:
Were your keys in the ignition?...

There it is... Not before they stole it but after. why would they remove your keys after they crashed it?? Your missing keys better of been in the ignition. I can see steaking the keys.. but not taking them out after a wreck. They should still be there or there should be evidense of tampering IMO.

Chas

Established Member
It may be true but very hard to believe. I can see why the cops think you did it. I think you need a lawyer either way.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the loss... if it was stolen hopefully they find out who did it. Not to burst your bubble though, in PA you will probably lose your license until you are 21 now (6 months if they decide you were not driving) and pay a fine for the underage drinking thing. My sister is 18 and got hit with a underage drinking fine and lost her license (Philly Suburb) for 6 months. Good luck. Get a lawyer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, reading your post I'd say you're going to have a tough time proving the cops wrong. Good luck, because you're going to need it IMO......and maybe a good lawyer.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Wow, reading your post I'd say you're going to have a tough time proving the cops wrong. Good luck, because you're going to need it IMO......and maybe a good lawyer.

Ditto. Try to take an objective view of what you have written and see how it sounds. I'll be honest with you...it doesn't favor you. And if the cops have evidence that you did wreck the car, you'll be hit with filing a false report too. Like Bob says...you may need a very good lawyer.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
wow that sucks. I guess the cops forgot that airbags also cause decent burns on your face when it deploys and does a lot more then a tiny scratch.

Also if you were coming home drunk from a party wouldnt the car be facing the otherway? as in heading towards home not away from it?

ah well, your gonna need a good lawyer to bring up all these issues and refute what the cops said.

also beat your roommate up for being a dumbass.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
damn.... i just wanna say good luck and i believe you, karma will get the guys that did this. and also, i never leave my keys to my cobra unattended, they are either in my pocket or right next to me in eye sight.

cobravenom39 said:
don't know about you, but I have a paging alarm system on my car and I sleep with it under my pillow. I'm not kidding.
where'd you get your paging alarm system and how much? i would love to have one of those, even tho i keep my car in the garage with the dealership alarm on it, the dealer alarm kinda sux....

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
That sucks.

I can say that airbags can leave some pretty good burns, also your clothes would have the powder in them.

That really sucks, your roommate was a dick, due to the circumstances, someone else other than yourself, or someone you knew should have called it in.

Who was at the house that night? It was probably someone you know.

With everything that had happened at the time, I would say as an officer, I probably would not have believed you though.

Users who are viewing this thread