Cobra to Mach 1 or other way

mvasey

Established Member
I'm struggling here people! Getting close to the asking price on my low mile ported 04 Cobra vert. The thought is/was to get a low mile 04 Mach 1, light mods. I flip flop on the idea every day. Who has done this and how do you feel about it? Here is my Cobra.

Mustang011.jpg

mvasey

Established Member
yep, i work at the bruce... and im in south.

Not to lead this thread in the wrong direction but, I am at the Bruce too (Nuke Op).

So...you think I will regret the change to a Mach 1? My fiance and friends think the same as you. Just looking for something different and possibly (sorry about this) an AUTOMATIC. I am up and down on this. Hope someone who has made the swap can shed a little experience because I am :??:.

Red10thcv

Established Member
Keep the Cobra.

I have a zinc '03 Mach/5 speed with the regular mods and I would say keep the Cobra. If you do get a Mach make sure you get a 5 speed!
Question: Since the Cobra is a convertible. How much do you enjoy driving with the top down? Because that will be another factor in keeping it.

69mach03

Established Member
There is nothing wrong with automatic Mach 1's. Reliable, consistent, good running drivers. (see sig) Both of the 12.90 cars were stock other than a filter and exhaust?? There are several auto Mach 1 owners on here that will tell you standard bolt-ons (filter, exhaust, tune, gears, and tires) + a converter = a "slushbox" running like a raped ape. Dropping down to N/A is going to be something to get used to and no more putting down the convertible top? But you could get an N/A Mach 1 in the 11s with a couple thousand bucks. Not bad in my book.

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
haha I just had a nightmare about something like this last week. In my nightmare I woke up to my terminator missing from my garage! Only to find out my dad sold it for a Mach 1!!!! However in real life I did test drive a Mach 1 not to long ago and actually liked it. They're actually louder than terminator cobras stock for stock. And the shaker hood is siiiiiiiick:rockon:

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
My GF had a 03 Torch Red auto Mach 1. It made me sell my 98 GT to get hers. But once I saw the Cobra there is no comparison. Interiors are nice in both cars but the IRS and blower are hard to beat. I miss the shaker however but really that is the only thing. The auto however was great. Didn't make me miss the 5spd.

mvasey

Established Member
I have a zinc '03 Mach/5 speed with the regular mods and I would say keep the Cobra. If you do get a Mach make sure you get a 5 speed!
Question: Since the Cobra is a convertible. How much do you enjoy driving with the top down? Because that will be another factor in keeping it.

Good question on the top down Red10thcv. Love driving around town with top down. Not so fond of it going 50 - 60 mph.
I still go to my garage, pull the cover off my car, crank the tunes, snap a few beers and admire the Cobra. I'd like to think I could do that with a Mach 1 too?

SVTburnout

Banned
man, I cant believe youd actually sell the cobra for an AUTO mach, im disgusted lol.

keep it, your combo is HOT

a couple runs on bruce rd 33 might be in order if your up for it lol

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I went from a Mach1 to a Cobra. I was very close to converting my Mach 1 into a Cobra and said F_It at the last minute and sold the M1 and the parts and bought a Cobra...

I really like the M1's, the wheels, shaker, solid axle and ease in launching... Sometimes I kinda miss the M1, but not enough to trade my Cobra in for it!!! (161 RWHP difference is a bunch)

NOW if MONEY is the real problem with payments and insurance and fuel to where you can seriously save a couple bills a month, thats another story. M1's rock on most all other cars out there

CobraRyan

Banned
If i sold my cobra for and auto mach....I would swap the auto for a built t56, build the block and throw a whipple on it :)

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Not sure why you want to downgrade to a lesser model. :shrug:

If your asking if you should keep it... you already know the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread