Cobra to Mach 1 or other way

mvasey

Established Member
You'll get what you ask for on a SVT forum....

You got that right 69mach03!! I appreciate everyone's opinion but I realize most guys...and girls here have Cobras. I asked a similar question on Mach 1 Registery and got replies going in the other direction. I should have pointed out that $$, insurance, gas price, etc are not issues.
I'm 46, and thought I would tone it down just a tad. Could be my mind is starting to go too....just like my body :cryying:.
One thing is sure. I will always have a Mustang!!

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Tone it down a tad? And money is not the issue... HMMMM~
Thats different, most people with Cobras want to turn it up a notch or two or even to eleven!!!

mvasey

Established Member
i went from a mach to a cobra, im not lookin back. your crazy IMO

mike1284...you could be right. Know what I remember about being your age young fella? Girls, booze and cars. That's it! I still like 'em all but not to the extremes I used to. The Cobra isn't gone and might never be. Just looking for "guidance". Thanks for the reply. Time for a beer........

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm 46, and thought I would tone it down just a tad.
I'll have to admit I'm a bit confused, as others are, about your reasoning for the change of heart. It almost seems as if you're just bored of the Cobra and want something else. A Mach is a very nice car but you know you'll never get the thrill of rowing through the gears in a 500rwhp monster from it. Is it that you just want something automatic that's a bit easier to cruise around in... I guess I could see that.

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
that's a swap you'll make and regret every day for the rest of your life. Steer clear, keep the cobra its 20x nicer than the mach

i wouldn't go that far... the power is 20x easier to make in the cobra, but i wouldnt even say that it is even 2x times nicer, much less 20

Jroc

Established Member
I asked a similar question on Mach 1 Registery and got replies going in the other direction. I should have pointed out that $$, insurance, gas price, etc are not issues.

I don't think anyone on here is being byiest we're being real. If some Mach 1 owners are telling you you should sell your Cobra and get a Mach because their better or something then their delusional. It would be like a C6Z owner coming on here and saying "I want the better car between a Terminator and ZO6," and everyone here saying get the Terminator because its the best car. No I really don't care for ZO6's, but its a better car. I would suggest you go test drive a Mach 1. Thats the best way for everyone asking which car to get to decide which is right for them.

Last edited:

antiv6

Established Member
keep the cobra, i had an auto mach1 before i got a cobra vert and ive never regreted it. It seems superior in almost all aspects

mvasey

Established Member
I'll have to admit I'm a bit confused, as others are, about your reasoning for the change of heart. It almost seems as if you're just bored of the Cobra and want something else. A Mach is a very nice car but you know you'll never get the thrill of rowing through the gears in a 500rwhp monster from it. Is it that you just want something automatic that's a bit easier to cruise around in... I guess I could see that.

You're confused jpmproductions?....What about me? I can't even remember when or why I started the Mach 1 crave. Anyway..It is great hearing how passionate you guys are about these cars. I like the idea of touring in an automatic but not all that necessary. You always hear this in sports...sometimes the best deal is the one you didn't make. We'll see what happens.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
mike1284...you could be right. Know what I remember about being your age young fella? Girls, booze and cars. That's it! I still like 'em all but not to the extremes I used to. The Cobra isn't gone and might never be. Just looking for "guidance". Thanks for the reply. Time for a beer........

theres still plenty of all 3 in my life. my cobras not goin anywhere. and a beer does sound great right meow.

SVTburnout

Banned
Buddy...amazing you are in South!! We should get the cars together some time. Racing...here in Ontario? Now that is crazy. I'll just give you $20 and you can buy me a couple beers :beer:

yeah, it is nuts we "found each other" lol... Im always at jangles during the week, and queens on weekends. Im always parked at timmys. Im always with my buddy rick with the twin t-50 GNX.

I get together with a few guys from owen sound as well, a few SS's and a couple foxes and a black GT500 but a really cool group of guys ill PM you the next time we are cruisin.

btw have you seen the guy with the red gt500? he cant drive and hes got money- i know where and what he paid for that car (WAY over msrp), i just havent been able to harass him for a race yet haha.

come out to the car show on thurday under the flag in south.... hopefully we can set a little terminator gathering for the fans haha. last show during tourism season. Ill even pay your toonie entry fee.

:rolling:

Last edited:

Forza Aerospace

Established Member
Wow i'm surprised how much you guys downgrade the mach to the cobra.... really for what this guy is looking for it may not be the wrong choice. I don't think the mach is a downgrade from the cobra it's just a different direction. The cobra is all about turning up the boost and getting tons of power for most people on here and if that's what your looking for keep the cobra. If you still want to have a fast car, but also have tons of fun driving it and enjoying the shaker, then get the mach. The mach has that classic feel with the shaker and other things and will still romp on most cars. With just a couple basic bolt ons i'm out running alot of these "godly" terminators at the 1/4 mile track. There's different reasons to pick one or the other, but I disagree with others on here saying that the mach 1 is a "downgrade."

Edit: BTW I love the cobra and am not taking anything away from it, because it is an AWESOME mustang! :) I'm just glad to see the OP is staying in a mustang!

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Good question on the top down Red10thcv. Love driving around town with top down. Not so fond of it going 50 - 60 mph.
I still go to my garage, pull the cover off my car, crank the tunes, snap a few beers and admire the Cobra. I'd like to think I could do that with a Mach 1 too?

think again. especially an auto. You're going to be pissed when you actually drive the mach. yea it looks good but it's a dog compaired to factory boost. and the live axle makes it ride like a brick. After riding in a friends mach i was THRILLED to get back into my cobra.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I used to have a mach and I love them, but after driving 2 cobra's(a coupe and now a vert), it doesn't compare. You won't go wrong either way IMO, good luck to you

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
But you could get an N/A Mach 1 in the 11s with a couple thousand bucks.
Ok... :dw:
With just a couple basic bolt ons i'm out running alot of these "godly" terminators at the 1/4 mile track. There's different reasons to pick one or the other, but I disagree with others on here saying that the mach 1 is a "downgrade."
And again... :dw:

Well I guess a Mach is just as fast so who needs a blower :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread