Cobra vs possibly the best STR 4 around

sedanman

Established Member
TRXboy said:
Aparently the SRT-4 had a 50 trim (SHOULD have been a much much better race) but was instaled but the owner himself and had not gotten it tuned, and was having a problem, first gear would be 20PSI, then second and third would be around 7 or 8.

Sweet that explains it. Looks like some fun none the less, after the Neon is tuned and holding boost they need to run again should make for a MUCH better race.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
sedanman said:
Sweet that explains it. Looks like some fun none the less, after the Neon is tuned and holding boost they need to run again should make for a MUCH better race.

that was my car in the video, keep in mind i was on semi-bald sumutomo tires that dont grip for shzt, :nonono: , if you pay close attention on the second race i lost control on the top of my second gear and then got back in it and if i remember correctly he was losing boost after 3erd gear not right after 1st since he had drag radials thats why it was ahead on 1st on every race. Since then i got some et streets on 16's wheels so a other race would produce the same results now that i can fully take advantage of 1st & 2end gear. We are cool with each other and dont need to run over and over unless he wants to but im done b/c i have a couple of 11sec. vettes that are wanting to race so soon i will have a other video out

sedanman

Established Member
I was just saying that with you running 12.7@117 he SHOULD be right with you several neons with those mods have trapped around 120. Not bashing simply making it clear.

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
I hate neons, but best SRT-4 around? I would think the common video most of us have seen with the SRT-4 vs Z06 (the one with picture in picture) was faster than this one.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
it all depends on his FUEL mods and PSI he was running...

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
sedanman said:
I was just saying that with you running 12.7@117 he SHOULD be right with you several neons with those mods have trapped around 120. Not bashing simply making it clear.

Sorry but you're very wrong. He has 514 RWHP. 117 is NOT his best trap lol. HE can trap over 120. IM not sure when a 12.7 @ 117 was run ,but that sounds like in-between mods. THat mph is good for 11's, obviously spinning BADLY.

sedanman

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Sorry but you're very wrong. He has 514 RWHP. 117 is NOT his best trap lol. HE can trap over 120. IM not sure when a 12.7 @ 117 was run ,but that sounds like in-between mods. THat mph is good for 11's, obviously spinning BADLY.

Oh I didn't know you were at the track... Cause I am confused then.... The bitch of it all is the clocks don't lie regardless of hp/tq ratings

Last edited:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
sedanman said:
Oh I didn't know you were at the track... Cause I am confused then.... The bitch of it all is the clocks don't lie regardless of hp/tq ratings

The point is, The srt obviously wasn't running up to it's potential, but either was the Cobra. You're trying to base the loss off a timeslip that has nothing to do with the video.

THe SRT-4 got destroyed, even with a tune it's still not gonna be right there. Cobra had no traction at all, and still whooped his ass.

Look at your own sig for christ sake. You're running 11.4's @ 124, with less power than he is. You think that SRT-4 is gonna run, or trap that with a tune, fock no.

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Dr.Jay said:
Cobra vs possibly the best STR 4 around

Your statement above is way off... I know of a couple SRT-4's around my area pushing somewhere around 450 to 480 to the wheels. It would take a well modded Cobra to stay aligned with one of these.

Nice video none the less.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
sedanman said:

that 117mph trap w/ a 2.76 pulley and a non-steg. ported blower, now im running a 2.80 w/ a steg. blower so i know its tapping higher w/ 514rwhp :rockon: so those are old clock times srry to dissappoint you ;-) . the lower is going on soon w/ help w/ sambandit's magic tunes i hope to be running a lot quicker.
besides i argee w/ the above statement we both werent running at our full potential but we had a hellva of time going at it :rockon:

sedanman

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Look at your own sig for christ sake. You're running 11.4's @ 124, with less power than he is. You think that SRT-4 is gonna run, or trap that with a tune, fock no.

I know what I run with my power, unfortunately too many people "cheat" the dyno to get big numbers which is why my car traps more then alot of people with 20 more rwhp and 80 or so more rwtq. I only base a cars performance off of actual performance not "dyno" performance.

All I am saying is don't expect these results when you run into a similar modded SRT4 on the street, just trying to save some people some embaressment thats all...

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
sedanman said:
I know what I run with my power, unfortunately too many people "cheat" the dyno to get big numbers which is why my car traps more then alot of people with 20 more rwhp and 80 or so more rwtq. I only base a cars performance off of actual performance not "dyno" performance.

All I am saying is don't expect these results when you run into a similar modded SRT4 on the street, just trying to save some people some embaressment thats all...

i agree... That 50 trim was pretty weak... if hes having a boost issue, he should have fixed it before he embarassed himself. Ohh well. as long as they had fun.. hah.

If you want a fast big turbo SRT, look at VECTORS SRT... he also has a 10 sec whipple cobra. I'm pretty sure my pump tune can match CIPE cobras no prob. Race gas, and it should take KBs to keep up =]

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
OhOneSnake said:
I hate neons, but best SRT-4 around? I would think the common video most of us have seen with the SRT-4 vs Z06 (the one with picture in picture) was faster than this one.

I was being sarcastic :beer:

I said it because the typical SRT 4 owner (NOT everybody) with those type of mods etc etc, make videos of those SRT 4's like they are godsent and brag an awful lot about them. Well, here's a vid for them. :p

PS- I'm sorry if this video hurt any SRT 4 owner in anyway... don't blame me for it, blame the Cobra :D

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
NinoAvila said:
Nope. He was inside the SRT-4 and contributed that footage. I was inside Cobra and contributed that footage. I put it together later that day.

I guess the "Nino's Videos", "Nino Presents" didnt' tip you off ;)

Modsquad's got a race or two lined up and I'm gonna shoot/chop the footage. I hope to not to disappoint.

-N

Yo Nino tell Jett to finish up that god damn cobra and get it running in the streets :rockon: and get a rematch of MightyMach and Mod :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread