Cobra vs possibly the best STR 4 around

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
sedanman said:
Oh I didn't know you were at the track... Cause I am confused then.... The bitch of it all is the clocks don't lie regardless of hp/tq ratings

The times you're referring to are kind of skewed: It was well over 90 degrees and over 90% humidity, he ran that in August in the dead of South Texas Heat. Again, running on crappy "Generic" (sumimotos, some of the cheapest you can buy) tires. I know because I was there.

Tune or no tune, crank positioning sensor (what was wrong with the SRT that day...) busted or not, there was no way, this guy was going to beat this Cobra. Again, I know this because I was there.

He beat him by too far each and every time on bald tires. This guy may now have a fixed CPS and tune, but Mr. Freeze now has ET streets.

Even he said he doubts he'd beat him:
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2873563&postcount=83

Here's the original thread:
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230492&page=1&pp=25

Thanks!

-N

Last edited:

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
03SVTKID said:
Yo Nino tell Jett to finish up that god damn cobra and get it running in the streets :rockon: and get a rematch of MightyMach and Mod :beer:

I know....I know. That would be some race now.

Jett's car is going to be OUT OF CONTROL when he's done. Can't wait to see what that biatch runs!! I hear he's getting a cage in it. IF that happens, look out for track times :)

-N

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
NinoAvila said:
I know....I know. That would be some race now.

Jett's car is going to be OUT OF CONTROL when he's done. Can't wait to see what that biatch runs!! I hear he's getting a cage in it. IF that happens, look out for track times :)

-N

Yeah bro I think MightyMach will take it again though :beer:......Yeah im hopeing to see Jett's car at the track he needs to get it there iv seen all crap he baught from JDM and its going to be insane......one of the baddest cobras in TX probally :rockon:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
sedanman said:
I was just saying that with you running 12.7@117 he SHOULD be right with you several neons with those mods have trapped around 120. Not bashing simply making it clear.

Yup, but anything can happen on the street...Regardless of what other people trap with similar setups. Hmm ported eaton cars have trapped close to 130, but do we assume they all do, NO. That neon got eaton up. :D

spooledevo

Established Member
I seen a srt-4 with a 50 trim and supporting mods run a 11.56 @ 126mph. A tune will be nite and day. I am sure the srt-4 in the video was knocking like hell and the ecu would be pulling timing. Killing the HP...

BmoseleyINC said:
The point is, The srt obviously wasn't running up to it's potential, but either was the Cobra. You're trying to base the loss off a timeslip that has nothing to do with the video.

THe SRT-4 got destroyed, even with a tune it's still not gonna be right there. Cobra had no traction at all, and still whooped his ass.

Look at your own sig for christ sake. You're running 11.4's @ 124, with less power than he is. You think that SRT-4 is gonna run, or trap that with a tune, fock no.

inteller

Established Member
i think that was probably the best choreographed race video EVAR ......I loved the "VS" and then this god awful scream of that supercharger. That was awesome.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
sedanman said:
I was just saying that with you running 12.7@117 he SHOULD be right with you several neons with those mods have trapped around 120. Not bashing simply making it clear.

Yeab but you know that he's capable of way better than 12.7. Stock Cobra's are capable of better than that.

sedanman

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
Yeab but you know that he's capable of way better than 12.7. Stock Cobra's are capable of better than that.

You are what you ran, and thats what he ran. You can say what you want but unfortuantely the clocks don't lie and not everyone is a good driver. I have seen cobra's run 14's I have seen new vettes run 15's. Are they all 15 second cars no, but for that driver in that car it is what it is. Sorry...

ib6-ub9

Established Member
sedanman said:
You are what you ran, and thats what he ran. You can say what you want but unfortuantely the clocks don't lie and not everyone is a good driver. I have seen cobra's run 14's I have seen new vettes run 15's. Are they all 15 second cars no, but for that driver in that car it is what it is. Sorry...

Wow will you get off of it... shutup, your basing your whole argument over a time he ran with shitty tires and no ported blower? You do realize that shitty traction at the track lowers your mph right? He is atlest trapping 125ish. The only srts trapping that are super high boost 50 trims on race gas and High boost 60 trims on race gas... period end of storry. I know people with stage 3s 50s and 60s. Its apples vs oranges.... with similar mods a srt will never beat a cobra, its called displacement. Highly modded srts can beat cobras becuase of less weight more boost and better Power adders(Turbos v eaton). But as you know once a cobra starts getting modded it changes. You have one cant you see this? THe video didnt lie get over it noob

sedanman

Established Member
ib6-ub9 said:
Wow will you get off of it... shutup, your basing your whole argument over a time he ran with shitty tires and no ported blower?

Your right, too bad hes so far away or I would be happy to get real vids of what a 50 trim will do...

ib6-ub9 said:
You do realize that shitty traction at the track lowers your mph right?

:shrug: usually it raises your trap speed....

ib6-ub9 said:
He is atlest trapping 125ish.

Ofcourse, what was I thinking all 500rwhp cobras trap 125, look at a few sigs and do some reaserch these cars are very driver sensitive, they won't just run it on a whim.

ib6-ub9 said:
Its apples vs oranges.... with similar mods a srt will never beat a cobra, its called displacement. Highly modded srts can beat cobras becuase of less weight more boost and better Power adders(Turbos v eaton).

They don't have similar mods the 50 trim on a neon is like a KB on a cobra, regardless what happend, happend but I can't wait to see the vid when the neon is tunned and seeing more the 8# of boost...

ib6-ub9 said:
THe video didnt lie get over it noob

Yeep I am a noob... So how easy was it for your car to trap 125?

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
That was great. The comments from all the ricer kids were even better. Thats what you can expect when a Neon races a 03-04 Cobra, for the most part stock to stock it is an out classing race. Some guy said the Cobra was picking on the Neon and that it needs to race somthing in its class, I dont now how many times Iv had those Neon's come up next to me and rev the engine making the toilet flushing sound. But thats just me :rockon:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
How were the doors still on that srt4 by race number 4? I thought they'd been blown off long before that. I've got a video similar to that of my car vs. a lightly modded srt4. The results were not pretty.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
SoCalCobra311 said:
I didnt want to do it, but this is a great video too. Let it load. Has a slow start but watch the races.

http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/shootout2video.html

I really enjoyed that video, there were alot of sick cars on it! It's oldie but a goodie. To be honest with ya thou, first couple of stangs on the video would have been a good race for me. Some of the srt were slow????? I don't know but I have ran a 12.89 at 107 so, I wish I was there, I'm quite sure there was a few on the video that would have chewed me up and spit me out. But maybe I could have ended the shut out. :) :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread